Anesthesia Technician Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
201 State St, Erie, PA 16550, US
Full-Time - Regular
13.69 - 20.84 / HOUR
Performs a variety of duties related to and involving the processing and preparing of room, equipment and supplies for the patients undergoing anesthetic procedures.
- Maintains anesthesia supplies and drugs by establishing inventory levels; requisitioning supplies and drugs; restocking supply and drug inventories
- Efficiently transports gas machines and other anesthesia equipment and supplies to and from outside of Operating Room off-site locations.
- Assist with offsite anesthesia cases.
- Retrieves, carries, and appropriately distributes necessary medications to the Anesthesiologist, CRNA, or PA for the preparation or care of a patient for anesthesia.
- Effectively communicate with anesthesia and operating room staff to assure daily operating room assignments are prioritized at the start of each shift. Remains accessible in operating rooms at all times.
- Disassemble, decontaminate and sterilize anesthesia equipment and supplies. Report equipment problems to Chief Anesthesia Technician.
- Retrieve and appropriately distributes the equipment necessary to prepare a patient for anesthesia. This includes specialty equipment for invasive lines and monitoring, difficult airway, and pediatric procedures.
- Appropriately stocks the carts and surgical suites with the required supplies as outlined on the anesthesia surgical suite stock par list.
- Operate Blood Cell Saver.
- Participate in turning over rooms assuring minimal downtime between cases.
- Maintains equipment by preparing, testing, and setting up a variety of anesthetic equipment for surgical use; troubleshooting equipment for problems or repairs; performing preventative maintenance and routine cleaning.
- Supports the anesthesia provider by setting up IV's, central venous lines and arterial lines; assembling necessary drugs, syringes, needles; opening prepackaged sterile trays.
- Assist with the pre, intra and post-operative placement of invasive monitoring lines, such as arterial, venous, and PA catheters.
- Assists in the delivery of blood samples to the lab and retrieval of blood products.
- Does Point of Care (POC) diagnostic laboratory assays/testing procedures, after an initial approved competency has been completed.
- Maintains an adequate supply of all stock items in work room and keeps the work room clean and in an orderly condition.
- Assists with lines and specialty room set-ups.
- Assist with difficult airway management.
- Maintain complete and accurate records and reports.
QualificationsHigh School Diploma or GED and 1 year of anesthesia, emergency/medical or related experience required or Graduate from an accredited Anesthesia Tech school or program required
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
ASATT Certified Anesthesia Technician (Cer.A.T.) preferred
Act 31 Child Abuse Reporting Act 33 with renewal Act 34 with renewal Act 73 FBI Clearance
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Who We Are
<p>At UPMC, we're all here for the same reason - to provide outstanding care. From nursing to finance, pharmacy to software development, each of us contributes in our own way, in our own career path. </p><p>We encourage growth through leadership development, skill building, and continuing education, so that employees can explore their interests and define their careers, while always playing a part in life changing medicine. And, while our opportunities vary, we remain united by the same values across our system:
</p><ul><li>Quality & Safety</li><li>Dignity & Respect</li><li>Caring & Listening</li><li>Responsibility & Integrity</li><li>Excellence & Innovation
</li></ul><p>If you too are driven by these values, we’re ready for you. Find your ideal job at UPMC today!</p>