Caregiver - Centre County, Casual (HNA) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
201 Chestnut Avenue
Altoona, PA 16603, US
Patient Care Support
Casual - Limited
interested in a position that offers flexible hours and scheduling options? If
so, you might be a great fit on our team! We’re looking for experienced caregiver to travel throughout Centre County and provide excellent in-home care.
Provide home care services to clients as designated in the plan of care by assisting with personal care, light housekeeping, shopping and errands, meal preparation and feeding, paying bills, escorting to appointments, and medication reminders. This will be done in a manner consistent with policies and procedures, customer satisfaction standards, and Department of Health and Office of Long Term Living regulatory requirements.
- Accurately document services provided while in the client's home.
- Assist clients with:
Personal care activities such as bathing, mouth care, hair care, nail care, skin care, shaving, dressing, and toileting.
Light housekeeping such as vacuuming and dusting, straightening rooms, washing dishes, making the bed, cleaning and sanitizing bathrooms, showers, tubs, and toilets, emptying the trash, and cleaning the kitchen sink, countertops, floors, and appliances, and washing, drying, and folding laundry.
Grocery shopping and errands.
- Be available and reliable to work flexible schedules, including evening and weekend rotations, based on client needs and service authorization requirements.
- Monitor the ongoing health and safety of clients and immediately communicate any safety concerns or significant changes in their condition to the care supervisor for follow up.
- Notify emergency services immediately if a client appears to be experiencing a medical emergency.
- Preparing meals, monitoring stored foods for freshness, and assisting with feeding as necessary.
- Sorting/reading mail and paying bills.
- Medication reminders to help ensure clients take their medications at the appropriate times.
- Positioning, application of simple braces and/or equipment, transfers, ambulation, and previously established exercise programs.
- Specialized tasks such as simple catheter care external Foley (emptying and cleaning), ostomy care (assist with cleaning), and simple wound care (simple dressing changes).
- Escort customers to appointments or social or recreational activities.
Engage the customer in reading, playing games, watching television, or simple conversation.
- Report all customer complaints immediately to the care supervisor for follow up.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Access to transportation in the Agency service area with valid Pennsylvania driver's license and auto liability insurance.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- Act 34 Criminal Clearance
- Automotive Insurance
- Driver's License
- Older Adult Protective Services Act
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Who We Are
At UPMC, we're all here for the same reason - to provide outstanding care. From nursing to finance, pharmacy to software development, each of us contributes in our own way, in our own career path.
We encourage growth through leadership development, skill building, and continuing education, so that employees can explore their interests and define their careers, while always playing a part in life changing medicine. And, while our opportunities vary, we remain united by the same values across our system:
- Quality & Safety
- Dignity & Respect
- Caring & Listening
- Responsibility & Integrity
- Excellence & Innovation
If you too are driven by these values, we’re ready for you. Find your ideal job at UPMC today!