Certified Nurse Assistant/Van Driver Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
37 Central Avenue
Wellsboro, PA 16901, US
Patient Care Support
Part-Time - Limited
8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
To provide transportation for the Long Term Care residents to and from scheduled activities and appointments. Follows protocol to ensure the safety of volunteers and residents. Performs nursing care duties during transportation and downtime
- Incorporate leading/evidence-based practice in quality/safety into every day work.
- Commit to high quality, safe work; encourage others to have similar standards.
- Identify processes/systems that could lead to inefficient practices, unsafe conditions, errors or adverse events.
- Avoid shortcuts to ensure quality and safety measures are not circumvented.
- Encourage patient and family involvement in processes involving patient safety.
- Speak up with other service partners to ensure high quality and safety.
- Report serious events/incidents per policy
- Know and follow all organizational/departmental policies/procedures.
- Actively practice behaviors associated with SH Service Excellence expectations. Smile at and greet everyone enthusiastically, treat everyone with respect, dignity and C.A.R.E. Be an ambassador for UPMC Susquehanna. Provide the best C.A.R.E. for our patients no matter what.
- Assume responsibility for personal development and education
- Between trips and downtime perform Nurse Aide duties.
- Nurse Aide duties are required when transporting residents to and from their destinations. These duties include bathing the resident, oral care, hair care, shaving, nail care, dress and undress residents, toileting and ambulation of residents.
- Monitors vital signs, heights and weights and records.
- Reports to charge nurse any observations pertaining to each resident's condition.
- Assists with admission, discharge and post-mortem care.
- Cleans the inside of the van and keeps it free of debris. Cleans the outside of the van to ensure clear vision through the windows.
- Assists in loading and unloading residents and guests making sure all passengers have safety belts fastened and all wheelchairs are locked in place.
- Performs daily transports as scheduled.
- Check the following before starting each daily trip: gas, oil, tires, lights, emergency equipment (fire extinguisher's, flares and reflectors, first aid kit).
- Records correct information on trip record and reports any maintenance problems to the supervisor.
- Turns in all completed logs at the end of the month to the administration office.
- Maintains proper use of gait belts and mechanical lifts.
- Distributes meal trays to residents, provides assistance with meal tray set-up, feeds residents who need total care, and assists and encourages those who need minimal assistance.
- Distributes water and nourishments as required, records intake and output.
- Consults with the nurse to obtain pertinent resident information for the transport including medications and/or meals/snacks as needed.
High school diploma or equivalent required moving forward from 4/17/2018. Certified Nursing Assistant required
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Consistent with 42 CFR 483.75(e)(2), nursing home administrations may employ a non-registeredindividual as a nurse aide for up to 120 days while the individual works to achieve registration in PAeither through the nurse aide training and testing program, or by way of reciprocity from anotherstate.
Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Driver's License Act 33 with renewal Act 34 with renewal Act 73 FBI Clearance OAPSA
UPMC is an equal
opportunity Employer/ Disability/ Veteran.
Who We Are
At UPMC, we're all here for the same reason - to provide outstanding care. From nursing to finance, pharmacy to software development, each of us contributes in our own way, in our own career path.
We encourage growth through leadership development, skill building, and continuing education, so that employees can explore their interests and define their careers, while always playing a part in life changing medicine. And, while our opportunities vary, we remain united by the same values across our system:
- Quality & Safety
- Dignity & Respect
- Caring & Listening
- Responsibility & Integrity
- Excellence & Innovation
If you too are driven by these values, we’re ready for you. Find your ideal job at UPMC today!