Certified Nursing Assistant Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
UPMC Asbury Heights
Patient Care Support
700 Bower Hill Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15243, US
Casual - Limited
13.81 - 20.23 / HOUR
Located in Mt. Lebanon PA, Asbury Heights staff is dedicated to improving the lives of older adults through high-quality and compassionate care. If you are looking to jump start your career within a skilled nursing and rehab facility apply to Asbury Heights today!
This is a Casual/Per Diem Position.
Provides routine resident care and support services in accordance with established policies and procedures, and as may be directed by the nurse or physician to assure that the highest degree of quality resident care can be provided at all times.
- Maintain current CPR certification. Constructively receives feedback and direction. Identify and communicates learning needs to the unit manager. Take action to improve knowledge, skills and performance. Request assistance in planning and prioritizing activities as needed. Participate in self-review as requested by the unit manager.
- May apply, monitor and remove resident restraints as per physician or facility protocol. Provide diversional activities to reduce or prevent use of restraints. Document in the medical record according to established procedures. Comply with safety policies and procedures including standard precautions and understands policies and procedures for blood borne pathogen exposure. Strictly adhere to all policies and practices relative to resident care and facility related information. Responds within the scope of the nursing assistant role to emergent situations.
- Assure equipment malfunctions are reported to the appropriate department. Establish appropriate and effective communication strategies. Establish professional and respectful interpersonal relationships. Contribute to the universal unit activities including, but not limited to, responding to call lights and telephones, passing meal trays and transporting residents.
- Provide direct resident care as directed by the RN and LPN including all activities of daily living such as bathing, feeding, dressing, transporting, toileting and ambulating residents. Maintain an environment conducive to resident safety and recovery including, but not limited to, completing safety checks, keeping the department and resident rooms clean and organized, cleaning department specific equipment, changing bed linens, emptying linen hampers, keeping hallways clear of equipment and returning equipment to proper storage.Responds to resident needs and calls in timely manner. Acquire and distribute supplies and equipment to facilitate resident care delivery including, but not limited to, , ordering, charging/crediting supplies, setting up resident care equipment within the scope of the nursing assistant position and stocking resident rooms and unit supply areas. Deliver resident nourishments and assist with feeding as needed; fills water pitchers. Perform routine tests such as resident weights, vital signs and Intake &Outputs. Provide feedback to the RN/LPN regarding resident care and reports changes in resident status in timely manner.
- Suggest and support changes within the department. Assume responsibility for assignment and views problems as challenges. Demonstrate awareness of behavior on the efficient functioning of the department.
High school diploma or equivalent. Knowledge of body mechanics and transfer techniques. Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hireIf entering position as part of CNA training program, employee has 120 days to obtain CNAStudents entering Nurse Aide Training classes who have residency in PA must have a Photo ID with a PA address
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Who We Are
At UPMC, we're all here for the same reason - to provide outstanding care. From nursing to finance, pharmacy to software development, each of us contributes in our own way, in our own career path.
We encourage growth through leadership development, skill building, and continuing education, so that employees can explore their interests and define their careers, while always playing a part in life changing medicine. And, while our opportunities vary, we remain united by the same values across our system:
- Quality & Safety
- Dignity & Respect
- Caring & Listening
- Responsibility & Integrity
- Excellence & Innovation
If you too are driven by these values, we’re ready for you. Find your ideal job at UPMC today!