Chaplain - Magee - Casual Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC
300 Halket St, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, US
Casual - Limited
21.22 - 36.63 / HOUR
Provides pastoral care to all patients and their families.
- Understand consensus building and negotiation.
- Communicate well in a professional exchange of ideas with staff.
- Share on-call responsibilities.
- Provide pastoral care in routine and emergent situations.
- Lead worship as scheduled.
- Attend staff meetings and paraticipate in setting goals.
- Complete required documentation.
- Offer expertise in leading groups and continuing education.
- Working in/contributing to life of interfaith team.
- Knowledge and understanding of department standards and policiees.
- Seek opportunities for continuing education.
- Participate in multidisciplinary team meetings as required.
- Commitment to patient/family/staff centered pastoral care.
Masters degree in Theology, Divinity or related counseling field.
Understanding of health care ministry.Knowledge of religious values and traditions.
Minimum 4 units Clinical Pastoral Education preferrred.
Spiritual maturty and emotional stability.Knowledge and skills necessary to provide pastoral care to patients served.Must know the principles of growth and development to age-specific needs.Ability to work in a multi-cultural setting.Sensitivity to multi-cultural/religious diversity.Ability to adapt to on-going change.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Ordination or Commission to function in a ministry of pastoral care and endorsement by his/her denomination authority.Professional certification or eligibility as Chaplain from a national certifying organization (e.g., The College of Pastoral Supervision and Psychotherapy, the Association of Professional Chaplains, the National Association of Catholic Chaplains, the National Association of Jewish Chaplains).
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Who We Are
<p>At UPMC, we're all here for the same reason - to provide outstanding care. From nursing to finance, pharmacy to software development, each of us contributes in our own way, in our own career path. </p><p>We encourage growth through leadership development, skill building, and continuing education, so that employees can explore their interests and define their careers, while always playing a part in life changing medicine. And, while our opportunities vary, we remain united by the same values across our system:
</p><ul><li>Quality & Safety</li><li>Dignity & Respect</li><li>Caring & Listening</li><li>Responsibility & Integrity</li><li>Excellence & Innovation
</li></ul><p>If you too are driven by these values, we’re ready for you. Find your ideal job at UPMC today!</p>