Charge RN - Nights - UPMC Cole Place Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
1001 E. Second Street
Coudersport, PA 16915, US
Part-Time - Regular
11:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
Coordinates total nursing care for patients, participates in patient and family teaching and provides leadership by working cooperatively with ancillary, nursing and other patient team personnel in maintaining standards for professional nursing practice in the clinical setting.
- RN FUNCTIONING IN A CHARGE NURSE CAPACITY
- Handle stressful situations in a controlled manner.
- Maintain a good relationship with superiors and subordinates.
- Establish priorities and handle situations in a systematic, organized manner and utilize all available resources.
- Effectively supervise and coordinate work of subordinates.
- Delegate responsibility to appropriate individuals and in appropriate situations.
- Appropriately seek consultation with decision making.
- Utilize and manage time effectively.
- Tactful in situations with all levels of personnel, professionals and visitors.
- Shows sound judgement in situations and formulating realistic solutions.
- Responsible for performing direct patient care.
- Ensures hourly patient rounding being completed.
- Maintains the standards of nursing care and implements the policies and procedures of the Hospital and Nursing Department, including its philosophy, mission and values.
- Assesses the patient's condition and nursing needs, determines outcomes and prescribes appropriate nursing actions to meet those outcomes and the physical, psychological, social and rehabilitative needs of the patient including discharge planning.
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary team to meet the outcome needs of the individual patient.
- Reports pertinent observations and reactions regarding patient to the appropriate person (i.e., physicians, director, nurse manager, charge nurse and/or nursing supervisor) and records those observations accurately and concisely.
- Assigns nursing care to team members in accordance with patient needs and the personnel's capabilities and qualifications and assigns other duties as needed.
- Administers medications to and performs treatments on assigned patients.
- Directs, supervises and evaluates nursing care provided to patients.
- Assists physicians with special tests and procedures, such as thoracentesis, lumbar tap, etc.
- Participates in the economical utilization of supplies and ensures that equipment is maintained in a clean and safe manner.
- Participates in the orientation of new personnel and performance evaluations of the nursing staff.
- Assists team members in giving care to patients or administers direct care when professional nursing skills and judgement are needed.
- Coordinates nursing care of patients when scheduled for therapy or procedures by other departments.
- Establishes and maintains communications and utilizes teaching opportunities with patients and other significant individuals.
- Assists with or institutes emergency measures for sudden adverse developments in patients, such as cardiac arrest.
- Participates actively in committees for the improvement of nursing care.
- Possesses skills necessary to provide care/services appropriate to the age of the patients served.
- Involved in surveillance and ensuring the patient safety culture at UPMC Cole Memorial Hospital.
- Reports patient safety concerns and events.
- Exhibits accountability and contributes to patient safety.
- Assesses and monitors patient's level and response to pain.
- Educates patients in pain management and its impact on patient outcome.
- A Registered Nurse who has taken a basic arrhythmia class and completed the competency will be expected to do telemetry monitoring in the ICU, if floated there.
- Performs telemetry monitoring, as required.
- Hourly rounding on patients assigned.
A current PA RN nursing license required.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Registered Nurse (RN) Act 33Act 34Act 73Older Adult Protective Services Act (OAPSA)
UPMC is an equal
opportunity Employer/ Disability/ Veteran.
Who We Are
At UPMC, we're all here for the same reason - to provide outstanding care. From nursing to finance, pharmacy to software development, each of us contributes in our own way, in our own career path.
We encourage growth through leadership development, skill building, and continuing education, so that employees can explore their interests and define their careers, while always playing a part in life changing medicine. And, while our opportunities vary, we remain united by the same values across our system:
- Quality & Safety
- Dignity & Respect
- Caring & Listening
- Responsibility & Integrity
- Excellence & Innovation
If you too are driven by these values, we’re ready for you. Find your ideal job at UPMC today!