CRNA, UPMC Altoona Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
University of Pittsburgh Physicians
Advanced Practice Providers
Altoona, PA, US
Full-Time - Regular
Rotating Schedule - On call Expected
77.25 - 99.85 / HOUR
Are you a talented CRNA looking for a new role to change lives? UPMC is growing their team of life changers. Join our team of APP professionals, today!
University of Pittsburgh Physicians, Anesthesiology Department at UPMC is Altoona hiring CRNAs for this site. The successful candidate will support rotating shifts and days, on-call expected.
The CRNA provides anesthetic care for all types of patients in cooperation with the supervising or medically directing physician and under the standards of the Department of Anesthesiology and in accordance with hospital policies and procedures. The CRNA administers anesthesia to patients rendering them insensitive to pain during surgery, monitors the patient's physical reaction to sedatives, analgesics, and anesthetic agents and informs the anesthesiologist of any adverse condition that potentially threatens the safety or care of the patient.
- Assumes responsibility and is accountable for controlled substances according to department and hospital policy and State and federal guidelines.
- Assists with the teaching and evaluation of newly-hired CRNAs, GRNAs, and SRNAs in the clinical area.
- Administers anesthesia and anesthesia-related care in four general categories: (1) pre-anesthetic preparation and evaluation; (2) anesthesia induction, maintenance, and emergence, (3) post-anesthesia care, and (4) peri-anesthesia clinical support functions.
- Performs according to established policies, procedures, and regulatory standards. Review appropriate documentation for informed consent and identify appropriate surgical site with operating room staff and surgeon in accordance with departmental and regulatory compliance standards. Participates in the Quality Improvement (QI) process through case documentation, incident reporting, evaluation, education, and implementation of the QI plan.
Graduate of an accredited nurse anesthesia education program required. Knowledgeable regarding controlled substance policies in accordance with Federal and State laws required. Master's degree preferred.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania required. Board Certified, Recertified or eligible by the Council on Certification of Nurse Anesthetists required. CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire.AHA-approved ACLS/PALS certifications as required by institution of employ upon hire.
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Who We Are
At UPMC, we're all here for the same reason - to provide outstanding care. From nursing to finance, pharmacy to software development, each of us contributes in our own way, in our own career path.
We encourage growth through leadership development, skill building, and continuing education, so that employees can explore their interests and define their careers, while always playing a part in life changing medicine. And, while our opportunities vary, we remain united by the same values across our system:
- Quality & Safety
- Dignity & Respect
- Caring & Listening
- Responsibility & Integrity
- Excellence & Innovation
If you too are driven by these values, we’re ready for you. Find your ideal job at UPMC today!