CRNA, UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
University of Pittsburgh Physicians
50550 UPP05 ANES Childrens Hospital
Advanced Practice Providers
4401 Penn Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15224, US
Full-Time - Regular
Rotating Shifts, On-Call
69.43 - 89.2 / HOUR
See what being an Advanced Practice Provider can do for UPMC and what UPMC can do for Advanced Practice Providers – it’s more than just a job!
University of Pittsburgh Physicians, Anesthesiology Department at UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh is hiring a full-time CRNA for this site. The successful candidate will support rotating shifts and on call is expected. Specialists in the delivery of diverse pediatric anesthesiology services. Level 1 Trauma Center , Transplants, Cardiac, Neuro, ENT, Minimally Invasive Procedures.
What Can You Bring to UPMC?
• Contribute to UPMC’s mission of Life Changing Medicine
• Set the standards for the level and quality of care for the care delivery team
• Provide patient care activities for a group of patients and their families through the application of independent judgment, communication and collaboration with all team members.
• Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with physicians, other health care providers, patients and their families, to achieve desired patient outcomes throughout the continuum of care.
• Demonstrate a commitment to the community and to your health care profession
What UPMC Can Do for You:
• A career path that provides you with the right experience to be successful in the position you want to obtain now and, in the future
• Health and welfare benefits like medical, vision, dental, and life and disability, and an exceptional retirement program
• Work life balance to help manage other importance aspects of your life such as: PTO, wellness programs, paid parental leave
• Competitive pay for the work that you do – base pay, merit, and premium pay
The CRNA provides anesthetic care for all types of patients in cooperation with the supervising or medically directing physician and under the standards of the Department of Anesthesiology and in accordance with hospital policies and procedures. The CRNA administers anesthesia to patients rendering them insensitive to pain during surgery, monitors the patient's physical reaction to sedatives, analgesics, and anesthetic agents and informs the anesthesiologist of any adverse condition that potentially threatens the safety or care of the patient.
- Assumes responsibility and is accountable for controlled substances according to department and hospital policy and State and federal guidelines.
- Administers anesthesia and anesthesia-related care in four general categories: (1) pre-anesthetic preparation and evaluation; (2) anesthesia induction, maintenance, and emergence, (3) post-anesthesia care, and (4) peri-anesthesia clinical support functions.
- Assists with the teaching and evaluation of newly-hired CRNAs, GRNAs, and SRNAs in the clinical area.
- Performs according to established policies, procedures, and regulatory standards. Review appropriate documentation for informed consent and identify appropriate surgical site with operating room staff and surgeon in accordance with departmental and regulatory compliance standards. Participates in the Quality Improvement (QI) process through case documentation, incident reporting, evaluation, education, and implementation of the QI plan.
Graduate of an accredited nurse anesthesia education program required. Knowledgeable regarding controlled substance policies in accordance with Federal and State laws required. Master's degree preferred. This position is dependent upon successful attainment and maintenance of hospital privileges, if applicable to the Business Unit practice.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania required. Board Certified, Recertified or eligible by the Council on Certification of Nurse Anesthetists required. CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire.AHA-approved ACLS/PALS certifications as required by institution of employ upon hire. Act 33, 34, and 73 clearances required.
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Who We Are
<p>At UPMC, we're all here for the same reason - to provide outstanding care. From nursing to finance, pharmacy to software development, each of us contributes in our own way, in our own career path. </p><p>We encourage growth through leadership development, skill building, and continuing education, so that employees can explore their interests and define their careers, while always playing a part in life changing medicine. And, while our opportunities vary, we remain united by the same values across our system:
</p><ul><li>Quality & Safety</li><li>Dignity & Respect</li><li>Caring & Listening</li><li>Responsibility & Integrity</li><li>Excellence & Innovation
</li></ul><p>If you too are driven by these values, we’re ready for you. Find your ideal job at UPMC today!</p>