CRNP, Staff /Senior Mental Health Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Mon Yough Community Services
Advanced Practice Providers
331 Shaw Street, McKeesport, PA 15132, US
Full-Time - Regular
37.89 - 60.16 / HOUR
If you are an Advanced Practice Provider who loves an upbeat environment, working hands on with patients and their families, then why not consider a job at UPMC?
Mon Yough Community Services is hiring a full-time Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner to help support the Adult Outpatient, Mental Health Department. This APP must be available to work Monday through Friday from 9AM – 5PM. No travel or on-call required. This APP will provide psych evaluations (60 minutes) and med checks (20 minutes) to individuals with mental health and drug and alcohol needs. They will work directly under a medical director who provides extensive support and trainings. Each 8 hour day will consist of approximately 1-2 psych eval's and 13-16 med checks.
This department is a small community mental health program that serves the low-income communities in the Mon Valley area. CRNP’s work directly with mental health clinicians and administrative care coordinators (ACC’s) on a team. The ACC’s provide support to the client, clinician, MD and CRNP. There are approximately 13 clinicians, 4 ACC’s and 2 supervisors in the department. They have weekly treatment team meetings where staff discuss specific situations and case consultations. Other treatment team members from other disciplines (service coordination, supported housing/employment, Peer Services) are often invited to the team meeting. MYCS has many programs within the agency that individuals could be referred for services. All CRNP’s meet weekly with the medical director who provides group supervision.
The Staff Advanced Practice Provider (APP) is a Physician Assistant or Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner and a member of the care delivery team. The Staff APP is responsible for setting the standards for the level and quality of care. The Staff APP has responsibility, authority and accountability for the provision of care through supervision by and collaboration with a physician. The Staff APP manages and provides patient care activities for a group of patients and their families through the application of independent judgment, communication and collaboration with all team members. The role of the Staff APP encompasses the beginnings of leadership, partnership, collaboration and supervision. The Staff APP establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with physicians, other health care providers, patients and their families, to achieve desired patient outcomes throughout the continuum of care. The Staff APP begins to demonstrate a commitment to the community and to their health care profession.
The Senior Professional Advanced Practice Provider (APP) is a Physician Assistant or Certified Registered Nurse Practitioners and a member of the care delivery team. The Senior Professional APP is responsible to set the standards for the level and quality of care. The Senior Professional APP has responsibility and accountability for the provision of care through supervision by and collaboration with a physician. The Senior Professional APP manages and provides patient care activities for a group of patients and their families through the application of independent judgment, communication and collaboration with all team members. The role of the Senior Professional APP encompasses leadership, partnership, collaboration and supervision. The Senior Professional APP establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with physicians, other health care providers, patients and their families, to achieve desired patient outcomes throughout the continuum of care. The Senior Professional APP demonstrates a commitment to the community and to their healthcare profession.
- Demonstrates a passion for developing others, enthusiastically and expertly precepts students and learners.Analyzes clinical and behavioral situations, identifying learning opportunities to improve patient care practices.Regularly seeks feedback on performance and applies continuous professional improvement.Supports continuous learning in the clinical area by sharing research, materials from professional organizations, presenting in the clinical setting, supporting journal clubs, etc.
- Applies principles of acceptable professional practice. Formulates a plan of care for patients that involves the patient as partner and considers the individual needs of the patient.Practices solid communication skills, and is able to articulate and translate the patient's condition to other care providers and to negotiate and make recommendations for changes in patient care and clinical practices. Patient documentation is comprehensive and promotes communication between caregivers. Demonstrates critical thinking in all areas of professional practice.Incorporates acceptable standards of professional practice as well as business unit and health system's goals to improve patient safety, quality and satisfaction of the patient experience in daily work. Builds relationships with patients, families and colleagues.
- Is a role model of professional practice by serving as a recognized leader in one or more of the following areas: clinical expertise, teacher, specialized resource, and/or evidence based practice.Consistently gives appropriate feedback to all members of the health care team and participates in the peer review process.Promotes change that enhances the quality of patient care and the clinical environment.Serves on teams and is a model of team participation as a part of daily practice.Demonstrates highly developed clinical assessment and analytical skills.Actively participates in hospital and system-wide committees and/or council.
- Builds and mends relationships among colleagues within the framework of a healthy workplace.Role models keen cultural awareness including preventing and addressing horizontal violence and impairment.Maintains a conscious balance between work and personal life through prioritization and delegation of responsibilities.
- Identifies opportunities for clinical quality as well as workplace improvement. Applies evidence based practice as a regular aspect of professional practice.Serves on or leads teams that launch innovations in patient care or support a healthy workforce.
The individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care and/or interact appropriately to the patients served as specified below. They must also demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his/her age-specific needs and to provide the care needs as described in the department policy and procedures.
- The successful completion of an approved nurse practitioner program is required
- BSN, MSN is preferred
- Professional nursing experience and/or nurse practitioner experience is preferred
- Must have Mental Health Certification
Special Skills and Abilities Required:
Ability to establish and maintain positive, caring relationships with executives, managers, physicians, non-physician providers, ancillary and support staff, other departments, and patients/families.
Ability to work productively and effectively within a complex environment, handle multiple/changing priorities and specialized equipment.
Critical thinking, analytical and problem solving abilities required as related to various aspects of patient care.
Good clinical judgment.
Critical thinking skills necessary to exercise and to lead others in application of acceptable standards of practice.
Mobility and visual manual dexterity.
Physical stamina for frequent walking, standing, lifting and positioning of patients.
- Minimum 3 years of experience or Completion of a post-graduate residency The successful completion of an approved Nurse Practitioner or A graduate of a physician assistant program accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the physician assistant (ARC-PA) program is required.
- BSN, MSN preferred for CRNP, BS or MS preferred for PA
- Completion of National Certification
- Must achieve a Solid/Strong/Good performance rating or higher on annual performance evaluation for consideration and to maintain status annually.
- Completion of an OAPP approved professional contribution within one year of hire or promotion into the position.
- Must have department chair approval for promotion.
- Demonstration of clinical precepting of one APP student per calendar year for at least two years or evidence of ongoing education of APP students or demonstrate a meaningful contribution to student education
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- Current state RN license and CRNP certification are required
- National certification, eligible for licensure by Pennsylvania board of nursing, eligible for certification as a CRNP by Pennsylvania state board of nursing
- Current CPR certification is required
- Act 33 Clearance will be required
- Act 73 Clearance will be required
- Act 34 Clearance required
- Comprehensive Crisis Management (CCMC)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) OR International Trauma Life Support OR Neonatal Advanced Life Support OR Other Dept Certs for APP OR Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Who We Are
At UPMC, we're all here for the same reason - to provide outstanding care. From nursing to finance, pharmacy to software development, each of us contributes in our own way, in our own career path.
We encourage growth through leadership development, skill building, and continuing education, so that employees can explore their interests and define their careers, while always playing a part in life changing medicine. And, while our opportunities vary, we remain united by the same values across our system:
- Quality & Safety
- Dignity & Respect
- Caring & Listening
- Responsibility & Integrity
- Excellence & Innovation
If you too are driven by these values, we’re ready for you. Find your ideal job at UPMC today!