CT Technologist Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
2200 Memorial Drive, Farrell, PA 16121, US
Full-Time - Regular
Varied hours, day, evening, night, & call
21.84 - 32.52 / HOUR
Performs imaging procedures at a technical level not requiring constant supervision. Competently performs a variety of technical procedures that require independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative to apply prescribed ionizing radiation for diagnostic purposes.
- Performs computed tomography procedures utilizing established scan protocols, including contrast administration without requiring constant supervision.
- Utilizes complex imaging equipment for the acquisition, analysis, reconstruction and documentation of image data and completes procedures according to protocol.
- Ensures all exams within his/her area of responsibility are properly coded and tracked through RIS system, all exams are properly networked to ISITE for archiving and interpretation, and all charges are adequately entered for the exams performed.
- Administers PO, rectal and IV contrast per physician orders/department policy and assess patients for potential risk factors prior to the administration of the contrast media required for the imaging procedure.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate instructions to patients in a clear and concise manner and explain procedures to help allay the patient's fears and solicit their cooperation.
- Performs a variety of technical procedures that require independent judgement to adjust protocols, and initiative to apply prescribed ionizing radiation appropriately for diagnostic CT purposes.
- Demonstrates a strong ability to interact with both patients and co-workers, while displaying a high level of caring, listening, dignity and respect.
- Able to work as team member within the department and all other departments to expedite patient care efficiently.
- Identifies all patients properly by using two patient identifiers and utilizes universal protocol when performing procedures.
- Reviews patient history and assesses physician orders, applying specific departmental protocols for optimal results in the acquisition of data.
- Documents patient history in electronic record as required.
- Demonstrates proper technique in venipuncture; demonstrates proper use of power injector according to set protocols set by department and/or manufacturer.
QualificationsGraduate of an ARRT approved school of Radiologic Technology or completion of accredited CNMT program.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- ARRT certified as a Radiologic Technologist is required or certified by a CNMT program.
- Must obtain CT Board Certification within 18 months of hire date.
- CPR or BLS Required
- CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration componentwithin 30 days of hire
- ARRT Certificate OR Nuclear Medicine Technologist Certification (NMTC)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Nuclear Medicine Technologist Certification (NMTC)
- Act 31 Child Abuse Reporting with renewal
- Act 33 with renewal
- Act 34 with renewal
- Act 73 FBI Clearance with renewal
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Who We Are
<p>At UPMC, we're all here for the same reason - to provide outstanding care. From nursing to finance, pharmacy to software development, each of us contributes in our own way, in our own career path. </p><p>We encourage growth through leadership development, skill building, and continuing education, so that employees can explore their interests and define their careers, while always playing a part in life changing medicine. And, while our opportunities vary, we remain united by the same values across our system:
</p><ul><li>Quality & Safety</li><li>Dignity & Respect</li><li>Caring & Listening</li><li>Responsibility & Integrity</li><li>Excellence & Innovation
</li></ul><p>If you too are driven by these values, we’re ready for you. Find your ideal job at UPMC today!</p>