CT Technologist Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Altoona, PA, US
Full-Time - Flex
Night shift with rotation
Flex Full Time - Night
This is a union (AFSCME)
Under the direction of a qualified radiologist, perform computed tomography
exams at a technical level that does not require direct supervision. Assume
responsibility of the CT department and the procedures that are being
performed. Complete exams with documentation to be passed on to the radiologist
- Acquires and maintains skill level in
venipuncture therapy in accordance with Department policy.
- Complies with established occupational
BBF and TB exposure policies.
- Demonstrates knowledge and ability to
adapt to clinical treatment and instructional aspect of care to all stages
of the life cycle and to various states of health and disease.
- Develops film by means of a laser
- Maintains adequate records as directed
on requisitions, etc. Maintains orderliness and cleanliness.
- Practices sterile technique and
prevents cross contamination.
- Provides immobilizing devices as
- Provides protection in accordance with
prescribed safety standards.
- Responsible for the performance of
routine special procedures.
- May be responsible for specific areas
of instruction for ancillary personnel.
- Rotates within the department or other
areas and by shift as required.
- Secures and returns supplies.
- Selects proper technical factors on an
individual patient basis.
- Selects and operates equipment as
- Station Medical Center CT staff is
required to run a creatinine point of care test on patients who meet the
criteria for blood work prior to contrast injection.
- Staff is also required to perform
daily QC on the I-Stat.
- Station Medical Center CT staff is
required to test glucose levels on PET/CT patient's pre and post scan.
- Supports department and hospital based
CPI activities by actively participating in the CPI process.
- Transfers and positions patients while
performing computed tomography examinations.
- Under the direction of a physician,
technologist administers contrast media for CT examinations.
- Use of PACS.Use of the Radiology
- Education and Formal Training
Required: High school graduate or equivalent; graduate of an AMA approved
school of radiology technology.
- Must possess manual dexterity
and hand-eye coordination; must be able to adapt to all types of
conditions of patients.
- Must successfully complete and
maintain venipuncture therapy skills in accordance with department
- Must be registered as a
Radiology Technologist and possess 6 month's experience as a Radiology
Technologist or must be a graduate of a CT Technologist program.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- CPR required based on AHA
standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component
within 30 days of hire
- Act 31 Clearance
- Act 33 Child Clearance with
- Act 34 Criminal Clearance with
- Act 73 FBI Clearance
- American Registered Radiologic
- Basic Life Support or Cardio
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals
Who We Are
At UPMC, we're all here for the same reason - to provide outstanding care. From nursing to finance, pharmacy to software development, each of us contributes in our own way, in our own career path.
We encourage growth through leadership development, skill building, and continuing education, so that employees can explore their interests and define their careers, while always playing a part in life changing medicine. And, while our opportunities vary, we remain united by the same values across our system:
- Quality & Safety
- Dignity & Respect
- Caring & Listening
- Responsibility & Integrity
- Excellence & Innovation
If you too are driven by these values, we’re ready for you. Find your ideal job at UPMC today!