Deli Worker/Cook (UPMC Altoona) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Altoona, PA, US
Nutrition, Dietetic & Food Svc
Casual - Limited
Responsible for preparation and service of high quality foods that are satisfying to our guests. Observes safe food handling procedures and maintains sanitation of work area and equipment. Performs cashiering duties, maintains work station and stocks supplies as needed.
This is a union position.
- Monitor food volumes throughout service to ensure volume needs are met.
- Complete in advance preparation requirements for all hot and cold food items, Grab and Go items, and items for assembly during meal service.
- Uses and cleans equipment in a safe manner according to manufacturer and department guidelines
- Chill, store and record all prepared and leftover food in accordance with regulatory guidelines.
- Follows all policies and procedures
- Performs sanitation for assigned work area in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Operates cash register and follows cash handling procedures and policies
- Maintains food safety and quality
- Provides a courteous and helpful customer service attitude.
- Assumes role of Team Lead as needed
- Operates all machinery including coffee machines
- Produces, assembles and serves all recipes according to standardized recipes and production sheet volume requirement
- HS Diploma/GED
- Ability to accurately count and perform basic mathematical function is required
- Excellent customer skills are required
- Ability to use Point of Service system required
- Previous cashier experience preferred
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Who We Are
At UPMC, we're all here for the same reason - to provide outstanding care. From nursing to finance, pharmacy to software development, each of us contributes in our own way, in our own career path.
We encourage growth through leadership development, skill building, and continuing education, so that employees can explore their interests and define their careers, while always playing a part in life changing medicine. And, while our opportunities vary, we remain united by the same values across our system:
- Quality & Safety
- Dignity & Respect
- Caring & Listening
- Responsibility & Integrity
- Excellence & Innovation
If you too are driven by these values, we’re ready for you. Find your ideal job at UPMC today!