Dental Assistant Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
4290 Route 8
Allison Park, PA 15101, US
Full-Time - Regular
Various daylight shifts
Delivery of clinical Dental/Orthodontic care and assist in ensuring the Department's operations are performed in an orderly, efficient manner.
- Assist in the clinic and hospital OR and Satellite locations including proper room set up, chair side assisting and clean up in accordance with hospital and clinic standards.
- Give and receive accurate and complete information to parents and doctors while displaying professionalism.
- Maintain equipment and supplies with oversight from the Clinic Coordinator.
- Mix various cements and materials and place topical anesthetics and rubber dams on patients.
- Page, greet and seat patient. Weigh patient if applicable. Prepare electronic documents including discharge summary and school/work excuse.
- Pass instruments to the Dentist/Orthodontist during Dental/Orthodontic examinations and procedures using four handed dental assisting techniques.
- Perform all necessary housekeeping procedures including keeping all work areas properly stocked. Manage spills and patient accidents
- Take and develop radiographs of a consistent, good diagnostic quality for review by dentist.
- Take and pour study model impressions, trim and finish cases, mail and receive appliances and models from laboratories
- High school diploma or equivalent. Completed a structure dental assisting program in four-handed dentistry (or have 3 years of equivalent work experience). Certification in field preferred.
- Travel to others sites as needed by department
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
- Act 31 Clearance
- Act 33 Child Clearance with Renewal
- Act 34 Criminal Clearance with Renewal
- Act 73 FBI Clearance
- Basic Life Support or Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation
- Dental Radiology Certificate
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Who We Are
At UPMC, we're all here for the same reason - to provide outstanding care. From nursing to finance, pharmacy to software development, each of us contributes in our own way, in our own career path.
We encourage growth through leadership development, skill building, and continuing education, so that employees can explore their interests and define their careers, while always playing a part in life changing medicine. And, while our opportunities vary, we remain united by the same values across our system:
- Quality & Safety
- Dignity & Respect
- Caring & Listening
- Responsibility & Integrity
- Excellence & Innovation
If you too are driven by these values, we’re ready for you. Find your ideal job at UPMC today!