Director, Medicare Sales Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
UPMC Health Plan
Medicare & SNP Sales
Marketing, Comm., & Sales
600 Grant St, Pittsburgh, PA 15219, US
Full-Time - Regular
0 - 0 / HOUR
This position is
responsible for overall sales including the direct oversight of multiple
Medicare sales distributions. This includes internal sales distributions,
external brokerage distributions and SNP community sales. This leadership
position reports into the Senior Director of Medicare Sales and Marketing.
- Achievement of Medicare (SNP and non-SNP) sales goals.
- Manage sales managers.
- Manage multiple sales distribution channels, including
external General Agent and broker network.
- Participate in the development of training programs for
the distribution networks.
- In conjunction with commercial sales department,
develop strategies for employer groups regarding retiree offerings.
- Additional Functions: Develop and manage effective
relations across Medicare department functions, with Commercial Sales,
interdepartmental functions, outside vendors and brokers.
- Contribute to development of overall Sales Strategies
and business plan.
- Comply with Medicare/CMS compliance regulations and procedures.
- Develop/maintain department policies and procedures
- In conjunction with Sr Director of Sales: Participate
in the identification and creation of new products to satisfy market needs
and collaborate with Product Development.
- Collaborate with Communications in the creation of
sales and marketing materials.
- Work collaboratively with UPMC departments, notably
Communications and product development to optimize sales.
- Responsible for the hiring and managing of staff.
- Develop and implement a 3-year sales plan which is
- Foster external community strategic partnerships that provide support for Health Plan goals.
- Enhance UPMC brand awareness and equity via community
- Oversee special public events that enhance the health
of residents in Western Pennsylvania
- Develop operating and membership budgets and sales
forecasts and ensure budgets are met
- Monitor monthly sales and financial performance of the
Medicare and SNP Business lines and identifies growth opportunities
- Maintain timely submission of compliance reports to CMS
as they relate to marketing activities. Assist in the development of
reports to fulfill CMS reporting requirements
- Work closely with Marketing & Product to ensure
growth targets are met and market research is conducted including
competitive analysis, market performance and identification of trends.
adherence to CMS guidelines
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Degree required, Master of Business Administration preferred.
years sales and marketing management experience in the health insurance
success in managing a business unit and client relationships.
skills in managing multiple sales distribution channels.
ability in product management including experience with product life cycles
from inception (marketing research) through introduction and eventual
organizational and analytical skills Ability to multi-task and work within a
written and oral communication skills.
to work with and take directions from Senior Management.
to continue upward progression within organization.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
PA Health & Life Insurance License
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Who We Are
At UPMC, we're all here for the same reason - to provide outstanding care. From nursing to finance, pharmacy to software development, each of us contributes in our own way, in our own career path.
We encourage growth through leadership development, skill building, and continuing education, so that employees can explore their interests and define their careers, while always playing a part in life changing medicine. And, while our opportunities vary, we remain united by the same values across our system:
- Quality & Safety
- Dignity & Respect
- Caring & Listening
- Responsibility & Integrity
- Excellence & Innovation
If you too are driven by these values, we’re ready for you. Find your ideal job at UPMC today!