Echocardiography Sonographer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Altoona, PA, US
Full-Time - Flex
Varying daylight shifts
22.51 - 34.61 / HOUR
Performs imaging procedures at a technical level not requiring constant supervision. Competently performs a variety of technical procedures that require independent judgment, ingenuity and ability to recognize critical pathologies.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate instructions to patients in a clear and concise manner and explain procedures to help allay the patient?s fears and solicit their cooperation.
- Identifies all patients properly according to policy. Reviews patient history and assesses physician orders, applying specific departmental protocols for optimal results in the acquisition of data. Documents patient history in electronic record as required.
- Utilizes appropriate ultrasound instrumentation for procedures and demonstrates knowledge of equipment operations, applications and scanning techniques resulting in optimized image data/documentation.
- Demonstrates a strong ability to interact with both patients and co-workers, while displaying a high level of caring, listening, dignity and respect. Able to work as team member within the department and all other departments to expedite patient care efficiently.
- Ensures all completed exams are properly coded and identified for electronic processing and storage according to department standards. Assures charges are adequately entered for the exams performed.
- Performs Cardiac Ultrasound procedures according to guidelines established by the Medical Director. Procedures must be performed in the established time frame and according to established protocol. Procedures include Transthoracic Echocardiography, Transesophageal Echocardiography, Stress Echocardiography, and Echo with contrast.
- Conduct himself/herself in accordance with system-wide and departmental values, policies, and procedures.
- Within a reasonable timeframe, demonstrates the ability to function independently, and is able to cover off shifts, on-call responsibilities, and perform services at satellite facilities, where applicable, while continually communicating with lead and management team.
- Assists physicians with invasive procedures as necessary and adheres strictly to the universal protocol standards.
- Obtains appropriate echocardiographic images according to department policy and industry standards, including M-Mode, 2D, Doppler, Color Flow Doppler, Transesophageal echo, echo enhancement, bubble and contrast studies, and Stress echocardiography.
QualificationsCompletion of formal training in an accredited ultrasound program required.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Registered preferred, or registry eligible with minimum of Physics portion of registry completed.
Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Act 34
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Who We Are
<p>At UPMC, we're all here for the same reason - to provide outstanding care. From nursing to finance, pharmacy to software development, each of us contributes in our own way, in our own career path. </p><p>We encourage growth through leadership development, skill building, and continuing education, so that employees can explore their interests and define their careers, while always playing a part in life changing medicine. And, while our opportunities vary, we remain united by the same values across our system:
</p><ul><li>Quality & Safety</li><li>Dignity & Respect</li><li>Caring & Listening</li><li>Responsibility & Integrity</li><li>Excellence & Innovation
</li></ul><p>If you too are driven by these values, we’re ready for you. Find your ideal job at UPMC today!</p>