Environmental Svcs Associate (UPMC Cole, RHC Northern Potter) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
RHC Northern Potter
1001 E. Second Street, Coudersport, PA 16915, US
Casual - Limited
10 - 18.51 / HOUR
Have you always wanted to get your
healthcare career started? Are you interested in a position that offers
terrific benefits and opportunities to grow? Do you enjoy working
"hands on" in a team environment? Then you may be a perfect fit
for our role in the Environmental Services Department with UPMC Cole.
UPMC Cole – RHC Potter County is
looking to hire a casual EVS Associate to work an overnight shift (hours would
be between 6 pm and 6 am).This position
will work rotating holidays.
Clean all aspects of assigned areas, including patient rooms, public areas, offices and equipment, to meet Hospital and Department standards in order to promote the quality of care rendered in the environment. Move equipment, furniture, boxes, etc. and remove and hang blinds and curtains.
- Make beds, following established cleaning procedures in all patient discharge rooms and on-call rooms as assigned.
- Inspect and ensure that all assigned areas are properly cleaned and in good repair, report problems to the supervisor.
- Replenish paper towels, toilet paper, and soap in all locations of assigned areas to assure adequate supply.
- Clean all assigned areas, including patient rooms, public areas, toilets, procedure rooms, offices and equipment, following established procedures.
- Maintain assigned equipment in clean, working condition, reporting problems and suggestions to the supervisor.
- Remove trash from all assigned areas.
- Follow all safety and sanitation regulations.
- Move equipment, furniture, boxes, wash walls, spot carpets, etc. as assigned.
- HS Diploma/GED or one year previous job experience required in lieu of HS Diploma/GED or successful completion of the 5-week EVS training program.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions in order to successfully complete housekeeping duties.
- Ability to use housekeeping equipment.
- May in the course of duties be in rooms where medications are stored. No contact with medications is allowed.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Who We Are
<p>At UPMC, we're all here for the same reason - to provide outstanding care. From nursing to finance, pharmacy to software development, each of us contributes in our own way, in our own career path. </p><p>We encourage growth through leadership development, skill building, and continuing education, so that employees can explore their interests and define their careers, while always playing a part in life changing medicine. And, while our opportunities vary, we remain united by the same values across our system:
</p><ul><li>Quality & Safety</li><li>Dignity & Respect</li><li>Caring & Listening</li><li>Responsibility & Integrity</li><li>Excellence & Innovation
</li></ul><p>If you too are driven by these values, we’re ready for you. Find your ideal job at UPMC today!</p>