Food Service Cashier (UPMC Presbyterian) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Nutrition, Dietetic & Food Svc
200 Lothrop St, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, US
Full-Time - Regular
13.65 - 21.27 / HOUR
This position is responsible for accurately registering all sales of retail customers while maintaining security of all monies in and around the cash registers through the work shift.
- Maintains work areas in clean and orderly condition according to HACCP guidelines.
- Collects money from cash customers and returns change accurately in accordance with established cash handling procedures
- Sets up cashier's station at beginning of shift and maintains funds appropriately throughout shift
- Records miscellaneous non-monetary purchases accurately
- Ensures food products are charged accurately by consistently checking the portion sizes and verify contents according to department procedure. Notifies supervisor/manager of any portion discrepancies immediately
- Follows HACCP procedures while completing all sanitation duties. Cleans and sanitizes pots, pans, utensils and other equipment routinely used in the kitchen, as assigned, following established procedures. Monitors and records refrigeration/freezer temp
- HS Diploma/GED OR 1 YR previous job experience required in lieu of HS Diploma/GED
- Must possess ability to accurately count and perform basic mathematical functions
- Great customer service skills
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Who We Are
At UPMC, we're all here for the same reason - to provide outstanding care. From nursing to finance, pharmacy to software development, each of us contributes in our own way, in our own career path.
We encourage growth through leadership development, skill building, and continuing education, so that employees can explore their interests and define their careers, while always playing a part in life changing medicine. And, while our opportunities vary, we remain united by the same values across our system:
- Quality & Safety
- Dignity & Respect
- Caring & Listening
- Responsibility & Integrity
- Excellence & Innovation
If you too are driven by these values, we’re ready for you. Find your ideal job at UPMC today!