Imaging Services Student Tech Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
5230 Centre Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15232, US
Casual - Limited
Casual daylight, evening, and weekend hours
0 - 0 / HOUR
May perform imaging procedures at a technical level under the supervision of a registered technologist, incorporating learning and education with the performance of tasks to assist the technologist in their responsibilities.
- Depending on modality, may utilize complex imaging equipment for the acquisition, analysis, reconstruction and documentation of image data and completes procedures according to protocol under the supervision of a Radiologist or Technologist.
- May perform daily equipment inspections, warm up procedures and follow Quality Control Program under supervision of a Technologist.
- Assist Radiologist and Technologist setting up contrast; however, will never be responsible for loading or priming the injector.
- Obtain quality images while following radiation safety standards and protocols.
- Assist with positioning and performing exams, but should never hold the detector or patients for Radiation procedures.
- Arrive patients, track exams, scan scripts, and schedule exams in the Radiology Information Systems. .
- Assist Radiologist and Technologist in performing modality specific exams.
- Maintain clinical proficiency for all completed competencies and equipment skills.
QualificationsMust be an active 2nd year student in ARRT, ARDMS, CNMT, or NMCTB approved school.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Who We Are
<p>At UPMC, we're all here for the same reason - to provide outstanding care. From nursing to finance, pharmacy to software development, each of us contributes in our own way, in our own career path. </p><p>We encourage growth through leadership development, skill building, and continuing education, so that employees can explore their interests and define their careers, while always playing a part in life changing medicine. And, while our opportunities vary, we remain united by the same values across our system:
</p><ul><li>Quality & Safety</li><li>Dignity & Respect</li><li>Caring & Listening</li><li>Responsibility & Integrity</li><li>Excellence & Innovation
</li></ul><p>If you too are driven by these values, we’re ready for you. Find your ideal job at UPMC today!</p>