Intake RN, Chartwell Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
UPMC Community Provider Services
1001 Oakdale Road, Oakdale, PA 15071, US
Part-Time - Regular
21.22 - 36.63 / HOUR
Ensures that infusion services are coordinated appropriately for each patient in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate support and willingness to help sales representatives as needed.
- Refer patients to community agencies according to acuity guidelines.
- Ensure work meets quality standards.
- Demonstrate reliability and follow-through on all assigned tasks.
- Coordinate required services with all appropriate departments.
- Promote Chartwell Pennsylvania culture by providing quality, comprehensive services to all customers through a team approach.
- Complete work on schedule.
- Answer routine questions regarding company polices, operations, and procedures.
- Utilize appropriate communication lines in relaying problems, concerns, questions and ideas.
- Document initial referral information.
- Act as liaison between center and referral sources.
- Take initiative to present ideas/suggestions to management.
- Demonstrate ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Schedule tasks to be completed based on priorities.
- Obtain patient referral data.
- Maintain courteous demeanor at all times.
- Deliver appropriate information for insurance verification.
- Monitor patient progress toward admission to service and communicate with referral sources, community agencies and internal staff regarding issues which may affect planned date of admission.
- Interact with nursing supervisor and nurse clinicians to cover scheduled and unscheduled visits.
- Enter new patient information into computer system.
- Give high priority to client satisfaction and customer needs.
- Provide ongoing case management/troubleshooting support to patients.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient information.
- Carry out all responsibilities in accordance with Chartwell's Core Values.
- Notify clinical and reimbursement managers of pending referral.
- Handle client complaints in a fair and empathetic manner.
- Show pride in his/her work.
- Display a neat, clean, professional appearance at all times.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively and express ideas clearly.
- Participate in Chartwell Pennsylvania Performance Improvement Program.
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively and maintain expected productivity.
- Attend meetings as scheduled.
Completion of accredited nursing program requried.1-3 years of home infusion/home health experience preferred. Strong organization and communication skills required.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Who We Are
<p>At UPMC, we're all here for the same reason - to provide outstanding care. From nursing to finance, pharmacy to software development, each of us contributes in our own way, in our own career path. </p><p>We encourage growth through leadership development, skill building, and continuing education, so that employees can explore their interests and define their careers, while always playing a part in life changing medicine. And, while our opportunities vary, we remain united by the same values across our system:
</p><ul><li>Quality & Safety</li><li>Dignity & Respect</li><li>Caring & Listening</li><li>Responsibility & Integrity</li><li>Excellence & Innovation
</li></ul><p>If you too are driven by these values, we’re ready for you. Find your ideal job at UPMC today!</p>