Licensed Practical Nurse - Bedford and Fulton, Part-time (Pediatrics) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Home Nursing Agency
Ped Home Connection SKN
20 Sheraton Drive, Altoona, PA 16603, US
Part-Time - Regular
14.7 - 22.53 / HOUR
This is a part-time Home Health Pediatric LPN position covering Bedford and Fulton county. Mileage reimbursement is provided at 54 cents to the mile.
Are you a compassionate nurse looking to make a difference with your career? Are you
interested in a position that offers flexible hours and scheduling options? If
so, you might be a great fit on our team! We’re looking for experienced LPN to travel throughout Bedford and Fulton county and provide excellent in-home care.
Provide high quality private duty nursing care to children and their families within the confines of the Pennsylvania state licensing laws in accordance with Agency policies and procedures and Agency code of ethics. This will be done in a manner consistent with efficiency, cost effectiveness and regulatory compliance.
- Self assess educational needs and initiate plan to maintain/attain pediatric clinical competencies.
- Promote personal and co-worker safety during work duties.
- Provides direct nursing service in accordance with Agency policies and procedures.
- Provides assigned pediatric nursing care to children and families in a private duty home setting using a family centered care approach.
- Performs approved nursing procedures and treatments as ordered.
- Identify and reports findings to the Pediatric Home Connection Clinical Case Manager.Document and communicate observations, nursing care and evaluation through reports and records.
- Adheres to Agency and standard principles of infection control.
- Follows the mutually agreed upon plan of care.
- Participates in continuing education programs, clinical conferences, quality assurance and quality improvement activities.
- Endeavor to achieve and maintain quality and customer satisfaction in the delivery of services to internal/external customers.
- Demonstrates support of Agency mission and philosophy in delivery of services.
- Maintain and protect client, family and Agency confidentiality.
- Graduate of a Practical Nurse Program accredited by NLN required.
- One year pediatric work experience preferred.
- Access to transportation in the Agency service area with valid Pennsylvania driver's license and auto liability insurance.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Registered, certified or licensed as required by state law for the profession.CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hireMust complete licensure examination within FOUR MONTHS of hire or within one year of graduation, whichever comes first. Though temporary permits are valid for one year from the date of graduation, not one year from issue of permit (or until the results of the examination are known at which time it becomes null and void), UPMC requires that GNs take the licensure examination within 4 months of their start date or they will be terminated or demoted from the GN position, at the discretion of the BU.
Automotive Insurance Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Driver's License Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) OR Temporary Practice Permit (TPP) Act 33 with renewal Act 34 with renewal Act 73 FBI Clearance with renewal OAPSA
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Who We Are
At UPMC, we're all here for the same reason - to provide outstanding care. From nursing to finance, pharmacy to software development, each of us contributes in our own way, in our own career path.
We encourage growth through leadership development, skill building, and continuing education, so that employees can explore their interests and define their careers, while always playing a part in life changing medicine. And, while our opportunities vary, we remain united by the same values across our system:
- Quality & Safety
- Dignity & Respect
- Caring & Listening
- Responsibility & Integrity
- Excellence & Innovation
If you too are driven by these values, we’re ready for you. Find your ideal job at UPMC today!