Milieu Therapist I Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
UPMC Chautauqua at WCA
IP Mental Health 3M_3S
207 Foote Avenue, Jamestown, NY 14702, US
Full-Time - Regular
13.11 - 19.97 / HOUR
The Milieu Therapist I performs assigned tasks, and participates as a member of the multi-disciplinary team, in various aspects of patient care with an emphasis on therapeutic activities conducted with assigned individuals and groups.
The schedule for this opening will vary. The starting rate for this position is $13.11, prior to crediting for any applicable experience beyond minimum listed requirements.
- Maintain competency requirementsLearn and utilize up-to-date technology and practices in delivery of patient care.Attend a minimum of 1 unit based of Institute wide in-service yearly.
- Facilitate or co-facilitate psychoeducational and therapeutic activity groups effectivelyEncourage or assist patients to perform activities of daily livingAccompany patients to out-of-building activities and appointmentsDocument in the Medical Record according to established policiesManage crisis situations effectively using positive approaches.Demonstrate effective milieu management skills, which promote positive patient experiences.Maintain a safe and therapeutic environment.Provide clinical interventions assessed by client needs
- Coordinate patient groups and activities
- Participate in interdisciplinary meetings and other activitiesMaintain on-going communication with appropriate staffPerform assigned work in a timely and productive manner
- Bachelor Degree in Mental Health or related field from an accredited college or University is required.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
- Relevant group/individuals experience with therapeutic and leisure oriented activities is strongly preferred.
- Must be physically capable of providing direct total physical care to unpredictable, potentially violent mentally ill patients as necessary, including lifting, supporting, running towards or away from areas where problems are occurring and pushing and pulling equipment such as wheel chairs.
- May in the course of their job duties be in rooms where medications are stored. No contact with medications is allowed. In the course of duties may be asked to distribute medications to the nurse at the bedside. Access to medications is limited to the distribution of the medication to the nurse.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Who We Are
<p>At UPMC, we're all here for the same reason - to provide outstanding care. From nursing to finance, pharmacy to software development, each of us contributes in our own way, in our own career path. </p><p>We encourage growth through leadership development, skill building, and continuing education, so that employees can explore their interests and define their careers, while always playing a part in life changing medicine. And, while our opportunities vary, we remain united by the same values across our system:
</p><ul><li>Quality & Safety</li><li>Dignity & Respect</li><li>Caring & Listening</li><li>Responsibility & Integrity</li><li>Excellence & Innovation
</li></ul><p>If you too are driven by these values, we’re ready for you. Find your ideal job at UPMC today!</p>