Occupational Therapist, Casual (Avalon) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
UPMC Centers for Rehab Services
AVALON PLACE OT
3410 W. Pittsburg Road, New Castle, PA 16101, US
Casual - Limited
0 - 0 / HOUR
UPMC Centers for Rehab Services is currently hiring a casual Occupational Therapist to support Avalon Place in New Castle and Avalon Springs in Mercer, PA. The candidate will work on an as needed basis and will be required to travel amongst facilities. If this sounds like a good fit for you, we invite you to apply!
Provides occupational therapy assessment and treatment using advanced clinical skills in a specialty area of occupational therapy for patients referred to non-contracted and contracted facilities of Centers for Rehab Services. Serves as a clinical resource for other staff members. May have an individual agreement with an academic institution for instructional services. Participates in research conducted within Centers for Rehab Services.
- Maintains written documentation for all occupational therapy services rendered including documentation of initial assessment, follow-up visits, and discharge summary consistent with department standards. Co-signs occupational therapy assistant documentation biweekly.
- Communicates patient's status to the referring physician and other health care team members.
- Completes necessary charge and statistical information to accurately reflect the service rendered to the patient.
- Schedules patients to achieve and maintain a level of productivity which meets or exceeds the standard established for the facility by the organization while ensuring delivery of quality patient care.
- Provides verbal and/or written home instructions to patient and/or family members when applicable.
- Participates in the organization's clinical education program by providing clinical supervision of students completing internships from various universities as requested.
- Maintains professional license/registration through steady pursuit and participation in appropriate continuing education and professional development opportunities to satisfy requirements for licensure/registation renewal.
- Performs occupational therapy assessment, reassessment and treatment and supervises occupational therapy assistants in the treatment of pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients referred by a physician to the clinic. Develops plan of care including goals and treatment plan in accordance with physician referral, nature of injury/illness and results of occupational therapy assessment. Modifies or adjusts plan of care based on patient's response to treatment and/or changes in patient's status. Works with occupational therapy assistants to adjust patient programs as patient status changes.
- Rotates through selected treatment areas when necessary to facilitate organizational needs.
- Attends and actively participates in staff meetings and in-service education programs.
- Graduate of an accredited program approved by The Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE)
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hireThe Graduate Therapist is expected to:* Sit for the licensure exam at the soonest availability, not to exceed six months following onset of employment
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Who We Are
<p>At UPMC, we're all here for the same reason - to provide outstanding care. From nursing to finance, pharmacy to software development, each of us contributes in our own way, in our own career path. </p><p>We encourage growth through leadership development, skill building, and continuing education, so that employees can explore their interests and define their careers, while always playing a part in life changing medicine. And, while our opportunities vary, we remain united by the same values across our system:
</p><ul><li>Quality & Safety</li><li>Dignity & Respect</li><li>Caring & Listening</li><li>Responsibility & Integrity</li><li>Excellence & Innovation
</li></ul><p>If you too are driven by these values, we’re ready for you. Find your ideal job at UPMC today!</p>