Patient/Pharmacy Associate, Chartwell Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
UPMC Community Provider Services
1001 Oakdale Road, Oakdale, PA 15071, US
Full-Time - Regular
14.61 - 22.93 / HOUR
The Patient/Pharmacy Associate is responsible for performing select activities related to the clinical management of specialty therapy patients including patient supply management, processing delivery tickets, coordinating services with operations, patient assessment and follow-up results and processing prescription refills under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist.
- Maximizes the efficiency and productivity of the pharmacy / delivery operations departments.
- Provides clerical support such as filing, faxing, copying and triaging phone calls for the pharmacy department.
- Coordinates/schedules deliveries of patient orders with pharmacy operations.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient information.
- Utilizes appropriate communication lines in relaying problems, concerns, questions and ideas.
- Cooperates with other staff members when planning and organizing daily activities.
- Assists in timely preparation of all pharmacy assessment and documentation including prescription labels, safety assessments and medication profiles.
- Communicates verbally with patients, caregivers and other staff members to obtain and document patient medication inventory as well as patient assessment data and follow-up for pharmacist review.
- Gives high priority to client satisfaction and customer needs.
- Assists with entering and updating patient demographics into the computer system, verification of insurance benefits, obtaining authorizations and reviewing financial responsibility with patient as needed.
- Processes delivery tickets and prescription refills under the supervision of a Pharmacist.
- Demonstrates the ability to work effectively and maintain expected productivity.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Basic Computer skills and Microsoft Office Products experience required
- Previous customer service experience preferred
- Basic knowledge and experience in specialty pharmacy preferred
- Good organizational, time-management and excellent communication skills required
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Pharmacy Technician Certification or training preferred
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Who We Are
<p>At UPMC, we're all here for the same reason - to provide outstanding care. From nursing to finance, pharmacy to software development, each of us contributes in our own way, in our own career path. </p><p>We encourage growth through leadership development, skill building, and continuing education, so that employees can explore their interests and define their careers, while always playing a part in life changing medicine. And, while our opportunities vary, we remain united by the same values across our system:
</p><ul><li>Quality & Safety</li><li>Dignity & Respect</li><li>Caring & Listening</li><li>Responsibility & Integrity</li><li>Excellence & Innovation
</li></ul><p>If you too are driven by these values, we’re ready for you. Find your ideal job at UPMC today!</p>