Physician Assistant or CRNP, Senior/Staff, HVI Cardiac Surgery, UPMC Presbyterian & UPMC Shadyside Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
200 Lothrop St
Pittsburgh, PA 15213, US
Advanced Practice Providers
Full-Time - Regular
4-10 hr, daylight shifts
Are you an Advanced Practice Provider who loves an upbeat environment, then consider a career with us!
University of Pittsburgh Physicians, HVI Cardiac Surgery, is hiring a full-time PA or CRNP, Senior or Staff for UPMC Presbyterian and UPMC Shadyside sites. The daylight position schedule is 4 10-hr daylight shifts. Weekend rotation coverage and on call coverage to support staffing. The role will primarily support operating room services. Special skill requirement is endovein harvesting. The successful completion of an approved Nurse Practitioner program is required, the completion of Acute Care Nurse Practitioner program is highly preferred.
The Senior Professional Advanced Practice Provider (APP) is a Physician Assistant or Certified Registered Nurse Practitioners and a member of the care delivery team. The Senior Professional APP is responsible to set the standards for the level and quality of care. The Senior Professional APP has responsibility and accountability for the provision of care through supervision by and collaboration with a physician. The Senior Professional APP manages and provides patient care activities for a group of patients and their families through the application of independent judgment, communication and collaboration with all team members. The role of the Senior Professional APP encompasses leadership, partnership, collaboration and supervision. The Senior Professional APP establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with physicians, other health care providers, patients and their families, to achieve desired patient outcomes throughout the continuum of care. The Senior Professional APP demonstrates a commitment to the community and to their healthcare profession. The successful candidate will be placed according to years and months of experience for employment purposes.
- Applies principles of acceptable professional practice. Formulates a plan of care for patients that involves the patient as partner and considers the individual needs of the patient. Practices solid communication skills, and is able to articulate and translate the patient's condition to other care providers and to negotiate and make recommendations for changes in patient care and clinical practices. Patient documentation is comprehensive and promotes communication between caregivers. Demonstrates critical thinking in all areas of professional practice. Incorporates acceptable standards of professional practice as well as business unit and health system's goals to improve patient safety, quality and satisfaction of the patient experience in daily work. Builds relationships with patients, families and colleagues.
- Builds and mends relationships among colleagues within the framework of a healthy workplace. Role models keen cultural awareness including preventing and addressing horizontal violence and impairment. Maintains a conscious balance between work and personal life through prioritization and delegation of responsibilities.
- Demonstrates a passion for developing others, enthusiastically and expertly precepts students and learners. Analyzes clinical and behavioral situations, identifying learning opportunities to improve patient care practices. Regularly seeks feedback on performance and applies continuous professional improvement. Supports continuous learning in the clinical area by sharing research, materials from professional organizations, presenting in the clinical setting, supporting journal clubs, etc.
- Identifies opportunities for clinical quality as well as workplace improvement. Applies evidence based practice as a regular aspect of professional practice. Serves on or leads teams that launch innovations in patient care or support a healthy workforce.
- Is a role model of professional practice by serving as a recognized leader in one or more of the following areas: clinical expertise, teacher, specialized resource, and/or evidence based practice. Consistently gives appropriate feedback to all members of the health care team and participates in the peer review process. Promotes change that enhances the quality of patient care and the clinical environment. Serves on teams and is a model of team participation as a part of daily practice. Demonstrates highly developed clinical assessment and analytical skills. Actively participates in hospital and system-wide committees and/or council.
The individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care and/or interact appropriately to the patients served as specified below. They must also demonstrate knowledge of the principles relative to the patients age-specific needs and to provide the care needs as described in the department policy and procedures.
Minimum 3 years of experience or Completion of a post-graduate residency Graduate of a Physician Assistant or CRNP program accredited program is required. Vein harvesting experience is preferred. The successful completion of an approved Nurse Practitioner program is required, the completion of Acute Care Nurse Practitioner program is highly preferred.
Senior: Must achieve a Solid/Strong/Good performance rating or higher on annual performance evaluation for consideration and to maintain status annually. Completion of an OAPP approved professional contribution within one year of hire or promotion into the position. Must have department chair approval for promotion. Demonstration of clinical precepting of one APP student per calendar year for at least two years or evidence of ongoing education of APP students or demonstrate a meaningful contribution to student education Special
Skills and Abilities Required : Ability to establish and maintain positive, caring relationships with executives, managers, physicians, non-physician providers, ancillary and support staff, other departments, and patients/families. Ability to work productively and effectively within a complex environment, handle multiple/changing priorities and specialized equipment. Exemplary clinical judgment with critical thinking, analytical and problem solving abilities required as related to various aspects of patient care. Critical thinking skills necessary to exercise and to lead others in application of the acceptable standards of practice. Mobility and visual manual dexterity. This position is dependent upon successful attainment and maintenance of hospital privileges, if applicable to the Business Unit practice.
Staff: PA or CRNP/RN licensure/certification, State of PA Licensure, National Board Certification
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
CPR Certification A current state PA or CRNP/RN license, certified by the National Commission of Certification is required. If practicing in an inpatient setting one of the following certifications most appropriate to the patient population being cared for: Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) Neonatal Advanced Life Support (NALS) If practicing in an outpatient or other non-inpatient setting, one of the certifications listed above OR achievement of a department / business unit approved certification which is relevant and value added to the practice setting. CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
•Act 34 Criminal Clearance
•Advanced Cardiac Life Support or Certified Pediatric Advanced Life Support or International Trauma Life Support
•National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
•Neonatal Advanced Life Support or Other Department Certifications for APP
•Physician Assistant or Physician Assistant Osteopathic
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Who We Are
At UPMC, we're all here for the same reason - to provide outstanding care. From nursing to finance, pharmacy to software development, each of us contributes in our own way, in our own career path.
We encourage growth through leadership development, skill building, and continuing education, so that employees can explore their interests and define their careers, while always playing a part in life changing medicine. And, while our opportunities vary, we remain united by the same values across our system:
- Quality & Safety
- Dignity & Respect
- Caring & Listening
- Responsibility & Integrity
- Excellence & Innovation
If you too are driven by these values, we’re ready for you. Find your ideal job at UPMC today!