Plumber Journeyman Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Maintenance & Facilities
Altoona, PA, US
Full-Time - Regular
6:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
0 - 0 / HOUR
Full Time - Day with Rotation
This is a union (AFSCME) position
Maintain, repair and install plumbing equipment in the hospital buildings.
- Assists in snow removal duties.
- Assists in training apprentice plumbers.
- Assists master and carries out duties related to plumbing, heating, and cooling piping systems.
- Available for on call. Could be scheduled for off shifts and rotation as needed.
- Complies with all safety codes whether Federal, State, or local; maintains a safe work environment.
- Complies with established occupational exposure policies.
- Installs sanitary drainage, storm water, and potable water systems..
- Maintains good relations with other members of the crew, other crews, and all other departments so that work is performed in a harmonious manner.
- Maintains shop area in safe and orderly appearance.
- Performs preventive maintenance and periodic testing of fire protection systems such as fire pumps, dry pipe systems, chemical suppression systems, fire hydrants, post indicator valves, backflow preventers, etc.
- Repairs toilets, sinks and other plumbing fixtures.
- Responsible for the completion of all service work order assignments in a timely fashion.
- High school graduate or equivalent, preferably a graduate from a vocational school
- Valid PA drivers license required.
- Journeyman plumbers must have six years experience in plumbing with a professional contractor or as a maintenance mechanic with an organization such as another hospital, school district, etc.
- In addition, must have a current City of Altoona Journeyman Plumbing License.
- Priority will be given to candidates with Hospital or nursing home experience and medical gas brazer certification.
- High pressure steam boiler experience as well as backflow preventer testing certification are a plus.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- Act 34 Criminal Clearance
- Driver's License
- Journeyman Plumber
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Who We Are
At UPMC, we're all here for the same reason - to provide outstanding care. From nursing to finance, pharmacy to software development, each of us contributes in our own way, in our own career path.
We encourage growth through leadership development, skill building, and continuing education, so that employees can explore their interests and define their careers, while always playing a part in life changing medicine. And, while our opportunities vary, we remain united by the same values across our system:
- Quality & Safety
- Dignity & Respect
- Caring & Listening
- Responsibility & Integrity
- Excellence & Innovation
If you too are driven by these values, we’re ready for you. Find your ideal job at UPMC today!