Professional Staff Nurse, BSN - Emergency Department Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
9100 Babcock Blvd, Pittsburgh, PA 15237, US
Full-Time - Regular
27.54 - 34.61 / HOUR
is dedicated to providing each patient with the right care, in the right way,
at the right time, every time. Our nurses are essential partners in that
mission, enhancing the patient experience at UPMC with positivity and
integrity. Join us as we provide Life Changing Medicine to our community.
ANCC Magnet designated UPMC Passavantcurrently hiring a Professional
Staff Nurse to support the Emergency Department at our McCandless
The department requires a minimum
of 1-2 years of nursing experience. Experience in an Emergency Department setting is preferred. Our RNs work a rotating schedule
to ensure 24/7 coverage on the floor, including holiday and weekend requirements.
As a nurse at UPMC, you will find:
- Competitive wages, with the highest BSN differential in the
greater Pittsburgh area
- An incomparable benefits package, including tuition reimbursement
- Top clinicians, leading researchers, and the most modern equipment
and technology in health care today
Professional Staff Nurse is a valued step in the UPMC nursing career ladder,
with opportunities for continued growth and advancement.Title and salary will be
determined based upon education and nursing experience.
- Applies the
nursing process within the framework of Relationship Based Care to create
a healing environment. Formulates daily goals and a plan of care for
patients that involves the patient as partner and considers the individual
needs of the patient in a holistic manner.
critical thinking in the identification of clinical, social, safety,
psychological, and spiritual issues for the patient within an episode of
solid communication skills and can articulate and translate the patient's
condition to other care providers and to negotiate and make
recommendations for changes in patient care and unit practices. Patient
documentation is comprehensive and promotes communication between
- Creates a
caring and compassionate patient-focused experience by building healing
relationships with patients, families, and colleagues.
national professional organization as well as business unit and health
system goals to improve patient safety, quality, and satisfaction.
- 1-2 year of experience.
- Prior emergency experience preferred
- BSN preferred
- Completion of UPMC student nurse internship or student clinical transitions course at UPMC preferred.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive, caring relationships with executives, managers, physicians, non-physician providers, ancillary and support staff, other departments, and patients/families.
- Ability to work productively and effectively within a complex environment, handle multiple/changing priorities and specialized equipment.
- Critical thinking, analytical and problem solving abilities required as related to various aspects of patient care.
- Good clinical judgment.
- Critical thinking skills necessary to exercise and to lead others in application of the nursing process.
- Mobility and visual manual dexterity.Physical stamina for frequent walking, standing, lifting and positioning of patients.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Current Pennsylvania licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse.
- CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire.
- Act 33, 34, 73 required within 30 days of hire ACLS, PALS, and NIMS required within 6 months of hire.
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Who We Are
<p>At UPMC, we're all here for the same reason - to provide outstanding care. From nursing to finance, pharmacy to software development, each of us contributes in our own way, in our own career path. </p><p>We encourage growth through leadership development, skill building, and continuing education, so that employees can explore their interests and define their careers, while always playing a part in life changing medicine. And, while our opportunities vary, we remain united by the same values across our system:
</p><ul><li>Quality & Safety</li><li>Dignity & Respect</li><li>Caring & Listening</li><li>Responsibility & Integrity</li><li>Excellence & Innovation
</li></ul><p>If you too are driven by these values, we’re ready for you. Find your ideal job at UPMC today!</p>