Professional Staff Nurse - Float - The Green Home Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
37 Central Avenue
Wellsboro, PA 16901, US
Full-Time - Regular
Are you a caring and compassionate graduate or experienced Registered Nurse with a special place in your heart for the older geriatric population? If you are searching for an opportunity to have variety in your day and to be challenged as a nurse, our Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center at The Green Home could be the perfect fit for you!
The Green Home at UPMC Susquehanna is a 120 bed unit that provides short or long-term rehabilitative resident programs in our state-of-the-art rehabilitative facility.
The Professional Staff Nurse has the authority, responsibility, and shift accountability for the delivery of nursing care through the use of the nursing process.
- Demonstrates accountability for professional development that improves the quality of professional practice and the quality of patient care.
- Makes recommendations for the improvement of clinical care and the health of the workplace and welcomes and participates in change initiatives.
- Leads by investing and building healthy relationships among colleagues and other disciplines.
- Shows the ability to set priorities and demonstrates an understanding of shared governance and begins participating at the unit level.
- Begins to serve as an engaged member of a team supporting colleagues in service to patients and families and may participate in task forces or other initiatives.
- Applies basic nursing knowledge and skills within the framework of Relationship Based Care, using the nursing process to meet the clinical, psychosocial and spiritual needs of the patient and family.
- Communicates effectively, both verbally and in documentation.
- Demonstrates critical thinking in the identification of clinical, social, safety, spiritual issues within the episode of care.
- Learns to incorporate national professional organization as well as business unit and health system's goals to improve patient safety, quality and satisfaction.
- Formulates a plan of care and daily goals that consider individual patient needs.
- Demonstrates initiative and seeks formal and informal opportunities to improve clinical practice.
- Seeks guidance and asks questions to continuously improve nursing practice.
- Creates a caring and compassionate patient-focused experience by building healing relationships with patient, families and colleagues. Identifies ethical situations within patient care or within the workplace and seeks assistance.
- Professionally accepts assignments that gradually increase patient load and complexity.
- Actively engages in clinical development and/or RN residency program for new hires.
- Requests opportunities to learn safe, accountable and autonomous practice from more experienced nurses.
- Seeks, accepts and utilizes performance feedback from peers, preceptors and unit/department Leaders as a learning opportunity and to improve practice.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm for continuous learning and identifies and creates a plan for the continuation of learning and development.
- Identifies patient and family needs for education and provides basic education to support the episode of care.
- Seeks professional development and involvement through membership in a professional nursing organization and/or reading professional literature on a regular basis.
- Demonstrates a basic knowledge of research, how it affects practice and who/what resources are available to assist with evidence based practice by asking questions, demonstrating interest, participating in unit-based journal clubs.
- Clinical practice demonstrates knowledge of how quality and innovation impacts patient satisfaction, safety, and clinical quality outcomes. Identifies opportunities for improvement on the clinical area.
- Utilizes nursing process in managing the care of residents including assessment, interdisciplinary planning, and implementation, evaluation of resident care, teaching and discharge planning utilizing evidence-bases standards of nursing practices.
- Provides basic psychosocial support and counseling.
- Collaborates with physician and care team to ensure quality resident care.
- Reports and records all changes observed in condition or behavior of residents in accordance with documentation practices and policies.
- Complies with established medication use policies, safety policies and procedures including standard infection control.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with all members of the health care team.
- Begins to demonstrate awareness of cultural diversity, horizontal violence and impairment in the health professions.
- Cares for patients and self by supporting safety in the workplace.
Applicants will be placed in the appropriate job title and salary from the My Nursing Career Ladder based on their individual experience and education.
Professional Staff Nurse:
Minimum 6 months experience.
0-1 year experience.
Completion of UPMC student nurse internship or student clinical transitions course at UPMC preferred.
Graduate Nurses that are eligible for the State Board Licensure and Professional Staff Nurses with nursing experience will be considered for this position. Please note that the below salary may vary pending years of experience and education of the selected candidate.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire.
UPMC is an equal
opportunity Employer/ Disability/ Veteran.
Who We Are
At UPMC, we're all here for the same reason - to provide outstanding care. From nursing to finance, pharmacy to software development, each of us contributes in our own way, in our own career path.
We encourage growth through leadership development, skill building, and continuing education, so that employees can explore their interests and define their careers, while always playing a part in life changing medicine. And, while our opportunities vary, we remain united by the same values across our system:
- Quality & Safety
- Dignity & Respect
- Caring & Listening
- Responsibility & Integrity
- Excellence & Innovation
If you too are driven by these values, we’re ready for you. Find your ideal job at UPMC today!