Professional Staff Nurse - Home Health (Mental Health) (Greensburg and Surrounding) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Greensburg, PA, US
Full-Time - Regular
- Coordinates case management activities within a multi-disciplinary health care team to insure appropriate delivery of services to patients
- Attends and participates in patient care conferences, team meetings and other related meetings
- Performs duties and job responsibilities in a fashion which coincides with the service management philosophy of UPMC Home Health Care towards patients, visitors, staff, peers, physicians and other departments within the organization
- Identifies, develops and participates in process improvement opportunities within the home health agency that will enhance the quality of the services we provide.
- Supervises and teaches other nursing personnel including LPNs and Home Health Aides
- Identifies, investigates and recommends solutions to organization issues. Identifies any deficits or exceptional performance issues of other nursing personnel, LPNs and Aides, and recommends solutions
- Initiates, coordinates and evaluates patient and family centered health teaching
- Establishes the plan of care in collaboration with the physician, patient and UM Professional in accordance with the physician orders and patient needs
- Completes documentation including visit assessment, OASIS, 485 and Verbal Orders accurately and promptly on the laptop device or in written documentation while in the patient's home and within the agency's and regulatory standards
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing required
- Minimum of 6 months of nursing experience in an Acute Care Facility or Skilled Care Facility
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Certification in psychiatric nursing by the American Nurse Association preferred
- Must have nursing experience within the last three years in the psychiatric or mental health unit of a hospital, a partial hospitalization program, an outpatient psychiatric clinic, or psychiatric home care
- Must have one year of recent (within the last three years) nursing experience in the psychiatric hospital or mental health unit of a hospital, a partial hospitalization program, an outpatient psychiatric clinic, or psychiatric home care
- Must have two years recent (within the last three years) nursing experience in the psychiatric or mental health unit of a hospital, a partial hospitalization program, an outpatient psychiatric clinic, or psychiatric home care.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- UPMC approved national certification preferred.
- Current Pennsylvania licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse.
- CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
- Act 33 Child Clearance
- Act 34 Criminal Clearance
- Automotive Insurance
- Basic Life Support or Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation
- Driver's License
- Older Adult Protective Services Act
- Registered Nurse
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Who We Are
At UPMC, we're all here for the same reason - to provide outstanding care. From nursing to finance, pharmacy to software development, each of us contributes in our own way, in our own career path.
We encourage growth through leadership development, skill building, and continuing education, so that employees can explore their interests and define their careers, while always playing a part in life changing medicine. And, while our opportunities vary, we remain united by the same values across our system:
- Quality & Safety
- Dignity & Respect
- Caring & Listening
- Responsibility & Integrity
- Excellence & Innovation
If you too are driven by these values, we’re ready for you. Find your ideal job at UPMC today!