Professional Staff Nurse - Huntingdon and Mifflin County Pediatric Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Home Nursing Agency
Ped Home Connection SKN
20 Sheraton Drive, Altoona, PA 16603, US
Part-Time - Regular
23.23 - 35.28 / HOUR
At UPMC, our Professional staff Nurses are skilled providers who always have
the best interest of their patients in mind. They change lives by helping
others reach their greatest potential for functioning independently in their
home, community, and through the continuum of care. At Home Nursing Agency UPMC,
we extend this commitment into various settings within our communities,
bringing specialized services and excellent care to patients in the comfort of
their own homes.
The Professional Staff Nurse is responsible for the delivery of skilled nursing services to patients in their homes according to the physician's plan of care, agency policies and procedures, fiscal intermediaries, regulatory agencies and bodies and within recognized standards of nursing practice. Must possess the ability to assess and interpret patient data needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to the population served.
- Attend compliance training and adhere to the organization standards of conduct, policies and procedures.
- Coordinates case management activities within a multi disciplinary health care team to insure appropriate delivery of services to patient.
Initiates, coordinates and insures ongoing communication with the physician and other members of the health care team.
- Attends and participates in patient care conferences, team meetings and other related meetings.
- Performs duties and job responsibilities in a fashion which coincides with the service management philosophy of UPMC Home Health Care towards patients, visitors, staff, peers, physicians and other departments within the organization.
- Identifies, develops and participates in process improvement opportunities within the home health agency that will enhance the quality of the services we provide.
- Focuses on customer service and continually strives to perform the duties of their job in a manner that will result in optimal patient satisfaction.
- Assigns other nursing personnel, including LPNs and Aides to assist in the appropriate delivery of services as ordered on the plan of care to the patient.
- Supervises and teaches other nursing personnel including LPNs and Home Health Aides.
Identifies, investigates and recommends solutions to organization issues.
- Identifies any deficits or exceptional performance issues of other nursing personnel, LPNs and Aides, and recommends solutions.
Proven ability to facilitate change.
- Provides direct patient care, evaluates outcomes and adjusts nursing care process as indicated to ensure optimal patient care. Initiates, coordinates and evaluates patient and family centered health teaching.
- Establishes the plan of care in collaboration with the physician, patient and UM Professional in accordance with the physician orders and patient needs.
- Advises and consults with family and other agency personnel, as appropriate.
- Completes documentation including visit assessment, OASIS, 485 and Verbal Orders accurately and promptly on the laptop device or in written documentation while in the patient's home and within the agency's and regulatory standards.
- Data syncs (transmits) information same day.
- Exercise independent judgment in matters concerning emergent and non-emergent patient care needs and communicate with the physician
Participates in on-call coverage rotation for the agency
- Graduate of an accredit school of professional nursing required.
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- UPMC Home Health Care approved certification preferred.
- Minimum of 6 months of nursing experience in an Acute Care Facility or Skilled Care Facility
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC approved national certification preferred.
Current Pennsylvania licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse.
CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
- Act 33 Child Clearance with Renewal
- Act 34 Criminal Clearance with Renewal
- Act 73 FBI Clearance
- Automotive Insurance
- Basic Life Support or Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation
- Driver's License
- Older Adult Protective Services Act
- Registered Nurse
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Who We Are
At UPMC, we're all here for the same reason - to provide outstanding care. From nursing to finance, pharmacy to software development, each of us contributes in our own way, in our own career path.
We encourage growth through leadership development, skill building, and continuing education, so that employees can explore their interests and define their careers, while always playing a part in life changing medicine. And, while our opportunities vary, we remain united by the same values across our system:
- Quality & Safety
- Dignity & Respect
- Caring & Listening
- Responsibility & Integrity
- Excellence & Innovation
If you too are driven by these values, we’re ready for you. Find your ideal job at UPMC today!