Professional Staff Nurse, SN Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
745 Greenville Road
Mercer, PA 16137, US
Casual - Limited
Located in Mercer PA, Avalon Springs is a modern nursing facility located on a beautiful 40 acre campus. Every day its staff is dedicated to provide residents with the greatest quality of life by caring for the residents with compassion, dignity, and respect. If you are looking to jump start your career within a skilled nursing and rehab facility apply to Avalon Springs today!
This is a Casual Position. Afternoon and Midnight Shift.
- Applies basic nursing knowledge and skills within the framework of Relationship Based Care, using the nursing process to meet the clinical, psychosocial and spiritual needs of the patient and family.
- Communicates effectively, both verbally and in documentation.
- Formulates a plan of care and daily goals that consider individual patient needs.
- Utilizes nursing process in managing the care of residents including assessment, interdisciplinary planning, and implementation, evaluation of resident care, teaching and discharge planning utilizing evidence-bases standards of nursing practices.
- Provides basic psychosocial support and counseling.
- Collaborates with physician and care team to ensure quality resident care.
- Reports and records all changes observed in condition or behavior of residents in accordance with documentation practices and policies.
- Complies with established medication use policies, safety policies and procedures including standard infection control.
Applicants will be placed in the appropriate job title and salary from the My Nursing Career Ladder based on their individual experience and education.
Professional Staff Nurse:
Minimum 6 months experience.
Completion of UPMC student nurse internship or student clinical transitions course at UPMC preferred.
Graduate Nurses that are eligible for the State Board Licensure and Professional Staff Nurses with nursing experience will be considered for this position. Please note that the below salary may vary pending years of experience and education of the selected candidate.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
- Act 34 Criminal Clearance
- Basic Life Support
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation
- Older Adult Protective Services Act
- Registered Nurse
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Who We Are
At UPMC, we're all here for the same reason - to provide outstanding care. From nursing to finance, pharmacy to software development, each of us contributes in our own way, in our own career path.
We encourage growth through leadership development, skill building, and continuing education, so that employees can explore their interests and define their careers, while always playing a part in life changing medicine. And, while our opportunities vary, we remain united by the same values across our system:
- Quality & Safety
- Dignity & Respect
- Caring & Listening
- Responsibility & Integrity
- Excellence & Innovation
If you too are driven by these values, we’re ready for you. Find your ideal job at UPMC today!