Psychologist I (Pain Medicine) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
University of Pittsburgh Physicians
50580 UPP05 UPMC Pain Medicine
5750 Centre Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15206, US
Full-Time - Regular
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
29.22 - 49.32 / HOUR
UPMC Pain Medicine combines comprehensive research, clinical expertise, and world class education to evaluate and treat a broad range of pain disorders. We offer a multidisciplinary team approach to pain care involving dedicated professionals from a number of different specialties, including medicine, nursing, occupational therapy, physical therapy, and psychology.
The Psychologist I provides evaluation and treatment of patients with a variety of neurodevelopmental, behavior and/or mental health concerns. Provides diagnostic interviews/assessments with patients and/or families, conducts appropriate testing as needed, and provides feedback and recommendations to patients, families, and/ or community agencies/providers. May function as a sub-specialist within the unit or provide specialty services for other programs. Coordinates with care teams to plan behavioral health treatment across levels of care.
- Provides crisis sessions to support and assist patients experiencing acute distress and/or symptoms, as needed.
- Provides behavioral health services, using empirically validated treatments and interventions.
- Participates in regular supervisory meetings with direct supervisor to review adherence to program standards.
- Demonstrates ability to maintain accurate and complete records and data collection, performed in a timely fashion.
- Demonstrates highly developed knowledge and skill in the area of differential diagnosis of psychiatric disorders.
- Consults and collaborates with multidisciplinary teams regarding patient care and treatment planning.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant literature and empirically validated treatments.
- Performs psychological assessment with accurate diagnostic impressions.
- Provides behavioral health services using an acute and maintenance model.
- Schedules sufficient volume of patients so that direct service productivity standards are maintained within the department.
- Maintains knowledge of the literature relevant to the assigned patient population.
- Works collaboratively with other service lines at UPMC and outside agencies assuring continuity of care with referral sources and other providers.
- Doctoral degree in Psychology (PsyD or PhD) from an accredited institution.
- One (1) year of experience in Psychology or related field preferred.
- Excellent clinical interviewing and assessment/therapy skills to work with patients and families.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience using evidence-based psychological therapies and tools, including cognitive behavioral therapy, acceptance and commitment therapy, and motivational interviewing.
- Experience in the treatment of depression, anxiety, posttraumatic stress disorder, and substance use disorders.
- Postdoctoral fellowship in either behavioral medicine or pain psychology preferred.
- Working in a medical setting preferred.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- Active Pennsylvania Psychologist license
- Act 33 with renewal
- Act 34 with renewal
- Act 73 FBI Clearance with renewal
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Who We Are
At UPMC, we're all here for the same reason - to provide outstanding care. From nursing to finance, pharmacy to software development, each of us contributes in our own way, in our own career path.
We encourage growth through leadership development, skill building, and continuing education, so that employees can explore their interests and define their careers, while always playing a part in life changing medicine. And, while our opportunities vary, we remain united by the same values across our system:
- Quality & Safety
- Dignity & Respect
- Caring & Listening
- Responsibility & Integrity
- Excellence & Innovation
If you too are driven by these values, we’re ready for you. Find your ideal job at UPMC today!