Registered Nurse - Med/Surg Telemetry - Part Time Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
T10 Nursing Station
Altoona, PA, US
Part-Time - Regular
0 - 0 / HOUR
This position is eligible for a generous sign-on
bonus! Whether you’re a recent Graduate Nurse looking to launch your
nursing career, or a seasoned RN seeking a change, now is your moment to find
your place at UPMC!
Sign-On Bonus Details (Full Time or Flex Full Time
- $10,000 sign-on bonus available for nurses with over
two years of experience
- $5,000 sign-on bonus available for Graduate Nurses and
nurses with less than two years of experience
*Part Time status positions are also eligible for sign-on
bonus at a prorated amount - $5,000 for experienced nurses with over 2 years of
experience, and $2,500 for GNs and nurses with less than 2 years of experience
When you are ready to take your career to the next level, UPMC Altoona has a RN Career Ladder, which allows you to enhance your practice and receive additional compensation! Ask your recruiter for details!
.5 part time Night w/rotation 11pm-730am
T10 is a fast-paced 47 bed acute care, medical-surgical telemetry unit. We care for adults with acute and chronic conditions spanning a wide variety of diagnosis.
Our patient population consists of, but is not limited to, renal insufficiency, sepsis, CHF, wound care, respiratory conditions, behavioral health patients with medical conditions and general surgical procedures.
We are NIHSS certified to care for stable stroke patients. Our team is trained in telemetry monitoring to care for cardiac patients such as cardiac catheterizations.
T10 offers a broad spectrum of experiences enabling the development of adaptability, organizational and time management skills.
T10 has an amazing team of Registered Nurses, Medical Assistants, Nursing Assistants, Respiratory Therapists, Physical Therapists, Physicians, Case Management and a leadership team who collaborate to provide exceptional patient care to our diverse patient population.
We have an exceptional team of professionals who are here to guide you to succeed whether a new graduate nurse or an experienced nurse.
UPMC Altoona is hiring a .5 part time Registered Nurse to help support the Med/Surg Low Acuity Telemetry department at its Tower 10 Altoona location. As a member of this team you will provide direct and indirect care to patients utilizing the nursing process. You will also provides leadership for the nursing team, and contributes to the education of a variety of members of the staff and students.
- Adheres to universal precautions. Identified potential problems and initiates appropriate measures. Identifies environmental factors which deter effective patient care, initiates action, and contributes ideas towards resolution.
- Assessment a. Assesses patient and family needs and documents this information appropriately in the computer or on appropriate form. b. Reassesses patient every eight hours, and, as necessary.
- Completes annual competency validation activities.
- Complies with established occupational exposure policies.
- Demonstrates professionalism in providing patient care.
- Engages the medical staff and other professionals in discussion of patient care problems resulting in mutually developed plans of care.
- Evaluation a.Revises plan of care, as necessary based on daily evaluation of patient. b.Evaluates patient's outcome based on previously defined goals. c.Evaluates and documents the patient's response to care, teaching, and treatment.
- Implementation: a. Utilizes nursing care protocols and standards. b. Carries out and documents procedures according to Hospital Policy. c. Performs technical skills safely and accurately, and demonstrates a working knowledge of equipment. d. Transcribes and implements physicians' orders appropriately. e. Demonstrates knowledge of the physiological basis for the nursing care delivery. f. Demonstrates knowledge of medication and IV therapy administration according to policy. g. Initiates and coordinates health teaching for patients and families/significant other based on individual needs.
- Maintains proficiency and competency in point of care testing as defined in the evaluation criteria established by the laboratory.
- Planning: a.Includes the patient and family/significant other in the formulation of the plan of care. b. Prioritizes patient's needs appropriately. c. Plans, conducts, and documents patient care conferences. d. Maintains a current plan of care for each assigned patient. e. Utilizes appropriate community agencies and other health care professionals in planning care.
- Serves as a consultant to other members of the health-care team.
- Utilizes Bed Management System, Alpha, CPOE, and all other computer systems appropriately,
QualificationsMust be a graduate of an accredited School of Nursing, BSN preferred. Must hold a current license to practice nursing in the State of Pennsylvania. Must satisfactorily complete the Nursing Department's orientation program and probationary period. Must complete NIHSS education prior to end of orientation period, if required. Experience Required: None, RN acute care or Telemetry experience preferred. Must maintain eight stroke competencies per year. ACLS preferred, BLS required. Current proficiency preferred in skilled initiation and maintenance of IV Therapy in all age levels. Previous experience preferred in initiation and maintenance of Intravascular Access devices. Knowledge of troubleshooting methods and prior experience in administration of Cathflo for poorly functioning or clotted Central venous lines and ports preferred.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
- Act 34 Criminal Clearance
- Basic Life Support or Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation
- Registered Nurse
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
GN level candidate starting rate - $26.31 (BSN $27.56)
Experienced RN starting rate - starting rate commensurate with experience (BSN
When you are ready to take your career to the next level, UPMC Altoona has a RN
Career Ladder, which allows you to enhance your practice and receive additional
compensation! Ask your recruiter for details!
Who We Are
At UPMC, we're all here for the same reason - to provide outstanding care. From nursing to finance, pharmacy to software development, each of us contributes in our own way, in our own career path.
We encourage growth through leadership development, skill building, and continuing education, so that employees can explore their interests and define their careers, while always playing a part in life changing medicine. And, while our opportunities vary, we remain united by the same values across our system:
- Quality & Safety
- Dignity & Respect
- Caring & Listening
- Responsibility & Integrity
- Excellence & Innovation
If you too are driven by these values, we’re ready for you. Find your ideal job at UPMC today!