Registered Nurse - Physician Referral Center - Full-time (Williamsport) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
700 High Street
Williamsport, PA 17701, US
Full-Time - Regular
Evening Shift During Week, 9a-9p Weekends
UPMC Susquehanna is currently seeking a full-time Registered Nurse for the Physician Referral Center at the Williamsport Campus! This position is primarily Monday through Friday and every other weekend.
The Registered Professional Nurse (RN) will utilize professional nursing theory and the nursing process to facilitate and coordinate physician referrals into UPMC. This professional will demonstrate competence in administering these responsibilities in accordance with nursing standards of care and organizational policy and procedure and age specific requirements of each individual patient.
- Assume responsibility for personal development and education.
- Obtains confirmation of required health information, including insurance information.
- Know and follow all organizational/departmental policies/procedures.
- Maintains a communication log to track and monitor physician referrals into Susquehanna.
- Participates in performance improvement activities related to optimum comprehensive and safe patient care within the Emergency Department.
- Maintains BLS, ACLS and PALS provider status.
- Use of protocols, algorithms, and guidelines to systematically address and assess patient needs:Asses and prioritize the urgency of patient needs, develops a collaborative plan of care with the referring physician and the Physician specialist (including counseling and the coordination of care),and evaluates outcomes of physician referrals
- Incorporate leading/evidence-based practice in quality/safety into every day work. Commit to high quality,safe work; encourage others to have similar standards. Identify processes/systems that could lead to inefficient practices, unsafe conditions, errors or adverse events. Avoid shortcuts to ensure quality and safety measures are not circumvented. Encourage patient and family involvement in processes involving patient safety. Speak up with other service partners to ensure high quality and safety. Report serious events/incidents per policy.
- Demonstrates knowledge of patient placement, disease and health care management, and appropriate physician specialty referral process.
- Assesses, plans implements and evaluates the plan of care of all age groups in a Physician Referral Center setting.
- Utilizes the nursing process to coordinate referrals for individual patients/defined patient populations through telecommunications media
- Patient placement is a primary duty for all Susquehanna campuses
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Registered Nurse licensure in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Required. AHA BLS for Healthcare Providers required at hire
Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Registered Nurse (RN)
UPMC is an equal opportunity Employer/ Disability/ Veteran.
Who We Are
At UPMC, we're all here for the same reason - to provide outstanding care. From nursing to finance, pharmacy to software development, each of us contributes in our own way, in our own career path.
We encourage growth through leadership development, skill building, and continuing education, so that employees can explore their interests and define their careers, while always playing a part in life changing medicine. And, while our opportunities vary, we remain united by the same values across our system:
- Quality & Safety
- Dignity & Respect
- Caring & Listening
- Responsibility & Integrity
- Excellence & Innovation
If you too are driven by these values, we’re ready for you. Find your ideal job at UPMC today!