Senior Architect, ISD Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
600 Grant St
Pittsburgh, PA 15219, US
Full-Time - Regular
The Senior Architect position requires a high degree of technical architecture expertise in design, development, and implementation of architecture strategy across multiple projects. Contributes to executive strategic leadership planning and leads feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management. The Senior Architect oversees the development, maturation and integration of enterprise architectures based on customer provided requirements to meet customer needs. They are responsible for the design, development, execution and deployment of an enterprise architecture program.
- Community Presence/Eminence - Has a presence in multiple job-related communities demonstrated through presentations at user groups, trade shows, and/or academic conferences as well as publication of written manuscripts and/or whitepapers in trade magazines and/or academic journals. Initiates contacts with key technologists and other subject matter experts and is a contact point for others to initiate communications with.
- Complexity of Work - Establishes the strategic technical direction of the sub-function. Drives the design, development, enhancement and implementation of all technology domains within a given sub-function. Evaluates new technologies for use in support of sub-functions goals.
- Knowledge & Skill - Typically possesses 10 years of relevant work experience. Requires a technical mastery and business knowledge in multiple technology domains and has an operational understanding of supporting technology domains.
- Scope of Influence - Design and integration of all technology domains related to a sub-function.
- Strategy & Innovation - Establishes current and long-range direction of technology within the sub-function aimed at keeping the organization on the forefront of change. Collaborating and orchestrating across sub-functions.
- Bachelors Degree in a related field with 10 years of relevant work experience OR 14 years total relevant work experience.
- Holds deep technical mastery and business knowledge across multiple technology domains.
- Strategic thinking and analytical skills with demonstrated ability to combine broad technical, business, clinical and political factors.
- Has a broad background implementing different architectures to meet differing needs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and possesses good presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to direct the implementation of diverse technologies in a complex organization.
- Diplomacy and interpersonal skills to lead others to provide inputs for the purpose of sharing with customers, partners, and higher management on vision and need for key technologies.
- Demonstrated experiences innovating beyond the state of the art.
- Maximizing technical efficiency and setting technical direction.
Ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Experience with Event Driven Architecture (EDA)
- Single Page Applications (SPA’s)
- SQL / NoSQL
- Knowledge of Azure Cloud Services
Who We Are
At UPMC, we're all here for the same reason - to provide outstanding care. From nursing to finance, pharmacy to software development, each of us contributes in our own way, in our own career path.
We encourage growth through leadership development, skill building, and continuing education, so that employees can explore their interests and define their careers, while always playing a part in life changing medicine. And, while our opportunities vary, we remain united by the same values across our system:
- Quality & Safety
- Dignity & Respect
- Caring & Listening
- Responsibility & Integrity
- Excellence & Innovation
If you too are driven by these values, we’re ready for you. Find your ideal job at UPMC today!