Software Engineer - Sr (UI/UX Mobile Developer) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
600 Grant St
Pittsburgh, PA 15219, US
Full-Time - Regular
This developer will be a direct contributor to our web and mobile team providing direction, recommendations and development on the latest UI/UX experience and technologies. They will also add a new dimension to the team by bringing the fusion of UI/UX design and development skills to our group.
Under the direction of management and more senior members of the team, the Software Engineer - Senior will contribute to the overall Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) by independently completing projects and tasks by meeting established quality measures. The Software Engineer - Senior will be able to expand their role into defining and leading new software projects which will deliver significant impact. The focus of this position will be to reach a mastery level of the technology stack and mentor less experienced team members.
- Application Development Cycle - Demonstrate the understanding of multiple SDLCs.
- Communication - Responsible for demonstrating appropriate, clear, concise, and effective written and oral communications in all interactions to build relationships and accomplish day to day work and projects.
- Design - Implement the overall system design. Exhibit awareness of user experience standards.
- Documentation - Create detail-oriented documentation that outlines new and moderately complex processes. Responsible for quality and validity of documentation.
- Integration - Responsible for more complex integration between modules.
- Interactions with Others - Successfully completes projects, tasks, and initiatives by embracing a team-first approach. Works in collaboration with team and offers feedback, where appropriate, to complete individual and group efforts. Shows the ability to adjust and be flexible to change by adapting approach when necessary. Mentors less experienced staff.
- Project Management - Has ownership in success of projects. Responsible for estimating and delivering on individual task within project. Shows the ability to be responsible for project timelines.
- Quality - Demonstrate the ability to conduct code review of others.
- Security - Validate and review secure processes and protocols. Ensure that processes/protocols are followed by junior level staff.
- Self Development - Responsible for continuous self-study, training's, partnering with more senior members of team, and/or seeking out opportunities to broaden scope to stay up to date with industry and organizational trends. Seeks feedback from senior team members for development and effectively incorporates feedback into work and behaviors.
- Software Solutions - Develop, validate and implement software solutions based on customer requirements, Enterprise architecture standards and defined project designs.
- Troubleshooting - Solve multiple issues concurrently. Coordinate, delegate, and mentor less experienced staff with issue resolution.
- Typically has 5+ years of related work experience.
- Experience with complex development environments, taking abstract concepts and ideas and formulating a detailed software deliverable
- Experience in developing on cross-functional systems
- Deep knowledge of developing complete systems
- Mastery of the SDLC
- Highly driven and self-motivated to exceed expectations
- Ability to work independently and demonstrated ability to lead in a team based environment
Ideal candidate will possess the following skills and expertise:
**Must Have hands on Experience
- Agile / SCRUM
- Functional Requirements Gathering and Analysis
- Skills and Technologies
- Apache Cordova
- Document Object Model (DOM)
- Angular 6/7/8**
- Unit Test Development/Test Driven Development **
- HTML 5 **
- CSS 3 **
- Platform and Tools
- Visual Studio 2015 - 2019 / Visual Studio Code
- Azure DevOps (Visual Studio Team Services)
- Git Version Control **
Who We Are
At UPMC, we're all here for the same reason - to provide outstanding care. From nursing to finance, pharmacy to software development, each of us contributes in our own way, in our own career path.
We encourage growth through leadership development, skill building, and continuing education, so that employees can explore their interests and define their careers, while always playing a part in life changing medicine. And, while our opportunities vary, we remain united by the same values across our system:
- Quality & Safety
- Dignity & Respect
- Caring & Listening
- Responsibility & Integrity
- Excellence & Innovation
If you too are driven by these values, we’re ready for you. Find your ideal job at UPMC today!