Job Description Job Attributes+
2200 Memorial Drive, Farrell, PA 16121, US
Part-Time - Regular
12:00 pm - 8:00 pm
21.84 - 32.52 / HOUR
Performs imaging procedures at a technical level not requiring constant supervision. Competently performs a variety of technical procedures that require independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative to apply prescribed ionizing radiation for diagnostic purposes.
- Assists physicians with invasive procedures as necessary and adheres strictly to the universal protocol standards.
- Ensures all exams within his/her area of responsibility are properly coded and tracked through RIS system, all exams are properly networked to ISITE for archiving and interpretation, and all charges are adequately entered for the exams performed.
- May be responsible for High Level Disinfection of devices, supplies and/or equipment
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate instructions to patients in a clear and concise manner and explain procedures to help allay the patient?s fears and solicit their cooperation.
- Identifies all patients properly by using two patient identifiers and utilizes universal protocol when performing procedures. Reviews patient history and assesses physician orders, applying specific departmental protocols for optimal results in the acquisition of data. Documents patient history in electronic record as required.
- Performs a variety of technical ultrasound procedures, correlating appropriate patient history, laboratory data, and physical findings, for the purpose of assisting in a patient?s medical diagnosis under the direct supervision of a physician.
- Demonstrates a strong ability to interact with both patients and co-workers, while displaying a high level of caring, listening, dignity and respect. Able to work as team member within the department and all other departments to expedite patient care efficiently.
- Utilizes appropriate ultrasound instrumentation for procedures and demonstrates knowledge of equipment operations, applications and scanning techniques resulting in optimized image data/documentation. Completes procedures according to protocol.
- Obtains appropriate image documentation of cross-sectional anatomy in all body planes demonstrating anatomy, anatomical relationships and ultrasonic characteristics of normal and abnormal tissues and obtains and correlates ultrasonic measurements of structures/organs with data charts, anatomical normal measurements and computer data programs, where applicable.
QualificationsCompletion of formal training in an Ultrasound program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) required.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
RDMS Registered or registry eligible preferred
Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) (Required within 30 days of hire)Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS) Act 31 Child Abuse Reporting Act 33 with renewal Act 34 with renewal Act 73 FBI Clearance
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Who We Are
<p>At UPMC, we're all here for the same reason - to provide outstanding care. From nursing to finance, pharmacy to software development, each of us contributes in our own way, in our own career path. </p><p>We encourage growth through leadership development, skill building, and continuing education, so that employees can explore their interests and define their careers, while always playing a part in life changing medicine. And, while our opportunities vary, we remain united by the same values across our system:
</p><ul><li>Quality & Safety</li><li>Dignity & Respect</li><li>Caring & Listening</li><li>Responsibility & Integrity</li><li>Excellence & Innovation
</li></ul><p>If you too are driven by these values, we’re ready for you. Find your ideal job at UPMC today!</p>