Speech Therapist - Home health (Mercer and surrounding counties) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
UPMC Home Healthcare
Speech Therapy Horizon
1127 N Hermitage Rd, Hermitage, PA 16148, US
Casual - Limited
25.53 - 40.28 / HOUR
Are you an experienced Speech Therapist looking for a Per Diem-Casual schedule, to work one on one with patients in the comfort of their homes? This is the role for you! The Casual Speech Therapist will provide diagnostic and rehabilitative services to people of all ages with regard to speech, language, voice, swallowing, cognitive disorders and dysfunctions to maximize functional ability and improve quality of life.
This position with UPMC Home Health, will serve patients in a large travel area, with occasional, travel to surrounding Northwest PA counties.
- Proven ability to facilitate change.
- Identify, develop and participate in process improvement opportunities within the home health agency that will enhance the quality of services we provide.
- Continually develop professional skills by assuming responsibility for on-going continuing education.
- Advise and consult with the family, interdisciplinary staff members, physicians and other professionals with regard to normal and difficult communication and swallowing and specific patient care.
- Perform duties and job responsibilities in a fashion which coincides with the service management philosophy of UPMC/Jefferson Regional Home Health, L.P. towards patients, visitors, staff, peers, physicians and other departments within the organization.
- Attend compliance training and adhere to the organization standards of conduct, policies and procedures.
- Maintain and complete all documentation promptly and accurately including visit assessment, OASIS, 485 and Verbal Orders on the laptop device or in written documentation while in the patient's home and within the agency and regulatory standards. Data syncs (transmits) information same day.
- Patient care-evaluation, therapy, teaching and counseling - provide complete and accurate speech, language, voice, swallowing evaluation therapy, instruction and counseling for infants through geriatrics.
- Focus on customer service and continually strives to perform the duties of their job in a manner that will result in optimal patient satisfaction.
- Master's degree Speech Language Pathology required.
- One (1) year clinical experience in Speech Pathology to practice without supervision or less than one (1) year if practicing under supervision, i.e., ALF/PCH.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
-Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech language pathology.-CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Who We Are
At UPMC, we're all here for the same reason - to provide outstanding care. From nursing to finance, pharmacy to software development, each of us contributes in our own way, in our own career path.
We encourage growth through leadership development, skill building, and continuing education, so that employees can explore their interests and define their careers, while always playing a part in life changing medicine. And, while our opportunities vary, we remain united by the same values across our system:
- Quality & Safety
- Dignity & Respect
- Caring & Listening
- Responsibility & Integrity
- Excellence & Innovation
If you too are driven by these values, we’re ready for you. Find your ideal job at UPMC today!