Supervisor, Billing Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
UPMC Community Provider Services
Billing & Registration
1001 Oakdale Road, Oakdale, PA 15071, US
Full-Time - Management
Monday thru Friday 9-5
0 - 0 / HOUR
DescriptionAs Billing Supervisor you will direct the day-to-day operations of functional areas. You must be a highly motivated and results-oriented leader and effective manager of staff and systems to access, identify, report and resolve the system business issues/needs. Additionally, you must be able to function in a high-pressure environment and effectively lead the staff through issues / problems. You will need to be extremely dependable, professional, have strong interpersonal skills, be an excellent communicator, maintain the ability to prioritize the workload, and constantly develop the staff. The supervisor must also be able to minimize the risk to UPMC and constantly be working towards process improvements to minimize problems.
- Ensure all staff members perform in accordance with system-wide competencies behaviors and maintain departmental productivity levels and compliance with quality standards.
- Assist in providing training to staff on compliance related responsibilities and monitor employees' compliance related activities.
- Review and update policies and procedures for the prompt and accurate billing and follow-up of accounts.
- Continuously audit staff performance for quality/compliance.
- Manage the assigned book of business and ensure that goals are achieved. Plan and organize resources (e.g., people, equipment, and supplies) to meet unit goals.
- Assist in providing training to staff and identify opportunities to enhance their knowledge. Assist in recruitment of new personnel and evaluate employees under own supervision.
- Maintain open, ongoing communication with other departments, payers, vendors, etc. to promote a positive customer service environment.
- Demonstrate effective leadership skills.
- Ensure adequate staffing coverage of different functions within department and that tasks are completed within a timely fashion.
- Demonstrate effective time management skills and ability to prioritize duties and effectively manage workforce.
- Use root-cause analysis of processes resulting in failure to achieve departmental and individual goals.
- Identify problems, define alternatives, and recommend practical, efficient solutions.
- Keep abreast of all healthcare changes and third-party payer regulations.
- Develop and implement controls in assigned functional areas.
- Develop a consistent process for review of their functional areas and establish aggressive, but realistic, standards and expectations.
QualificationsBachelors Degree in healthcare administration, finance, or related field and 1 year of healthcare billing, registration, or patient business services
- Experience with third-party payer guidelines, billing practices and reimbursement practices are preferred.
- Organization and time management skills.
- Must develop and manage relationships with colleagues in a professional, independent manner.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with regard to all assignments.
- Possess analytical problem solving skills as well as the ability to coordinate the work of others and communicate effectively with all levels of management.
- Proficient in utilization of Microsoft software products.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must display leadership skills.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Who We Are
<p>At UPMC, we're all here for the same reason - to provide outstanding care. From nursing to finance, pharmacy to software development, each of us contributes in our own way, in our own career path. </p><p>We encourage growth through leadership development, skill building, and continuing education, so that employees can explore their interests and define their careers, while always playing a part in life changing medicine. And, while our opportunities vary, we remain united by the same values across our system:
</p><ul><li>Quality & Safety</li><li>Dignity & Respect</li><li>Caring & Listening</li><li>Responsibility & Integrity</li><li>Excellence & Innovation
</li></ul><p>If you too are driven by these values, we’re ready for you. Find your ideal job at UPMC today!</p>