Supply Chain Analyst (HC Pharmacy) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Health Center Pharmacy Central Inc
Supply Chain Admin
Supply Chain & Warehousing
3175 East Carson Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15203, US
Full-Time - Regular
23.4 - 40.28 / HOUR
The Supply Chain Analyst will identify and enact initiatives to reduce UPMC's costs of goods and services, and increase use and compliance of preferred vendors and programs. Individual will support and assist with development and implementation of supply chain initiatives that reduce UPMC's purchase and operational cost, and improve service levels. Facilitate assigned cross-functional teams towards implementation of supply chain objectives. Leverage corporate spending through the structured sourcing and competitive bid processes on projects with lower risk and complexity. Limit UPMC liabilities by implementing corporate agreements for products and services.
- Cooperates and communicates in an effective, professional manner with management, peers, general staff, physicians, and other personnel
- As directed, may be required to develop and draft Request For Information (RFI's) and Request for Proposals (RFP's) by assisting the Sourcing staff throughout the sourcing process
- Provides other assistance as requested, including the support of analyses by a supply chain Manager or Director.
- Supports the execution of supply chain initiatives and coordinates with materials management, users, and others as required.
- Participates on cross functional teams to support business objectives.
- Participates in periodic business reviews with major agreements focused on level of service being provided and actions to optimize contractual relationships; and amend agreements as necessary.
- Maintains a working knowledge of current industry trends and product/service development through participation in professional associations and related professional publications.
- Develops proficiencies in data collection through various reporting tools and accurately compile and organize data to support supply chain initiatives.Maintains a working knowledge of systems used to support processes for data collection and analysis.
- Monitors and analyzes existing contracts. Reviews volumes/levels/compliance for opportunities for future negotiations, and perform audits to validate pricing using various decision support tools within the department. Identifies and understands spending outside of agreements and develops action plan(s) to address.
- Respects and maintains the confidentiality of all patient, physician, and hospital related information.
- Bachelor's Degree and two years of supply chain experience,
- OR High School Diploma and minimum of five years supply chain experience will be considered for exceptional performers.
- Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred.
- Strong background in data analytics strongly preferred.
- Experience as a Buyer I, Buyer II or Quality Assurance Specialist preferred.
- Need to demonstrate strong organization/communication skills, ability to provide exceptional customer service, financial and cost analyses, complex analytical skills, presentation skills, and be a self-starter and work well as a member of a team.
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft and Microsoft office is preferred.Travel between UPMC sites and use of personal vehicle may be required.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Professional certifications (CPM, PPM, CPSM, APICS, 6 Sigma, CBET, CRES, etc.) a benefit
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Who We Are
<p>At UPMC, we're all here for the same reason - to provide outstanding care. From nursing to finance, pharmacy to software development, each of us contributes in our own way, in our own career path. </p><p>We encourage growth through leadership development, skill building, and continuing education, so that employees can explore their interests and define their careers, while always playing a part in life changing medicine. And, while our opportunities vary, we remain united by the same values across our system:
</p><ul><li>Quality & Safety</li><li>Dignity & Respect</li><li>Caring & Listening</li><li>Responsibility & Integrity</li><li>Excellence & Innovation
</li></ul><p>If you too are driven by these values, we’re ready for you. Find your ideal job at UPMC today!</p>