Support Service Worker - Community Habilitation Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Mon Yough Community Services
Adult Ctr Learn AWC
Patient Care Support
100 Lakemont Park Blvd, Altoona, PA 16602, US
Casual - Limited
0 - 0 / HOUR
Provide services and other activities as designated in the Individual Support Plan (ISP). This will be done in a manner consistent with efficiency, cost effectiveness and regulatory compliance.
- Responsible for Human Resource ComplianceSubmit required HR documentation when due.Wear Identification badge.
- Comply with established Agency requirements.Adhere to infection control principles and standards.Adhere to Agency quality control standards.Complete infection control surveillance survey as mandated.Complete education requirements.Comply with Agency safety standards.
- Demonstrate support of Agency mission and philosophy in delivery of services.
- Endeavor to achieve and maintain quality and customer satisfaction in the delivery of services to internal/external customers.
- Responsible for documentation of care provided and observations.Document care provided according to Agency procedures.Document and notify the Managing Employer and Program Specialist changes in the individual's condition/environment and any problems.Complete Service Records and Location Sheets in accordance with Agency guidelines.Submit documentation within Agency defined timeframes.
- Attend required in-services, conferences and training programs.
- Maintain and protect support person, Managing Employer and Agency confidentiality.
- Report all safety problems and injuries appropriately.
- Responsible for customer relations and customer satisfaction.Value customers by making serving individual's a top priority.Communicate with Managing Employer in a courteous and timely manner.Report and document customer complaints under the direction of the Program Specialist.Establish and maintain customer relationship focus with all internal/external customers.
- Respond to individual's strengths so as to enhance their growth and development and to help each person reach their maximum potential.
- Perform work in accordance with the approved Individual Support Plan (ISP) and Agency policies and procedures.
- Follow the Values of Everyday Lives' Policy.
- Participate in Agency committees as requested.
QualificationsMust be able to read and write at an 8th grade level in order to complete service records.Agency with Choice Services:Unlicensed Home & Community Habilitation W7060: Level 3 & W7068: Level 4Level 3: The provision of the service at a staff-to-individual ratio of 1:1 Level 4: The provision of the service at a staff-to-individual ration of 2:1 -This is a direct service that may be made available to individuals in their own home or in other residential or community settings not subject to licensing regulations. Services are designed to assist people in acquiring, retaining, and improving the self-help, socialization, and adaptive skills necessary to reside successfully in home and community based settings. Recreation is not an eligible service. Entrance fees to events and membership fees are not covered. Camp day or overnight can only be provided under respite.-Must successfully complete background checks to include federal and state mandated clearances, employee health screening, and post job offer drug testing.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Who We Are
<p>At UPMC, we're all here for the same reason - to provide outstanding care. From nursing to finance, pharmacy to software development, each of us contributes in our own way, in our own career path. </p><p>We encourage growth through leadership development, skill building, and continuing education, so that employees can explore their interests and define their careers, while always playing a part in life changing medicine. And, while our opportunities vary, we remain united by the same values across our system:
</p><ul><li>Quality & Safety</li><li>Dignity & Respect</li><li>Caring & Listening</li><li>Responsibility & Integrity</li><li>Excellence & Innovation
</li></ul><p>If you too are driven by these values, we’re ready for you. Find your ideal job at UPMC today!</p>